cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Flash Player Download... Now. . . sorted !....

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Adobe Flash Player Download... Now. . . sorted !....

I am trying to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player... ( haven`t got it on the computer  but need it for vids on youtube)...
I get the "install now" page... and then I click on that , and the next page that shows up is advertising more adobe products... just can`t see it downloading, or anywhere to click on to get the download.
Help please.
EDIT EDIT EDIT
Well, how daft is that... no notification from Adobe install page... so went to My Downloads, to do something else whilst waiting for help on here, and by chance, saw the f in a red box next to "Install Flash Player.exe"    clicked on it, and now it should be installed !..
I expected it to be downloaded under A for Adobe..... or F ... for .... Flash Player...  so did not look further than that as " i " was not visible on the screen....until I scrolled for something else.

Well, I thought it was sorted.... but it seems that was for an older version... now I just go round in circles,as originally posted....
PLEASE... someone... tell me how to get the latest version of Flash Player Downloaded... or Update the version I now have....  
13 REPLIES 13
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Adobe Flash Player Download... help please NOT sorted !....

When you were on the Adobe Flash Player download site - for me http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=JZEFT - the left hand pane shows the version which will be installed 11.9.900.152 . The centre pane is a promotional offer and I chose to untick the Yes, install… checkbox.
On clicking Install now what downloads is a 1MB installation management file. The much larger Flash Player file downloads and installs when the management file is run. Some questions had to be answered (no doubt offers declined - can't remember) along the way.
Running that file updated my previous installation.
David
shutter
Community Veteran

Here is the pages that I get... from your linky,..... and from "Update" on Firefox...
When I click on the yellow box, bottom right [Install now]  I am then presented with the second page...
there is nowhere on that page to proceed further... ( except if you find "downloads" and click on  Flashplayer... I get the first page again  )
spraxyt
Resting Legend

When I go through this using FF 25.0 on Vista 32-bit I start on Step 1 of 3 in the first attachment. I unticked the McAfee offer, then clicked Install now and got Step 2 of 3 displaying an "initialising" strip. After a short while that cleared with display as in the second attachment. The Save File window is separate.
When I did this live I saved the file, then double-clicked it to run it. When installation completed I think a separate "Thank You" window opened, can't remember what it showed, I closed it after a quick glance. The previous window was still Step 2 of 3; I closed it (didn't get to see Step 3 of 3).
Edit: After updating Flash Player on Internet Explorer I discovered the Thank You page is, in fact, Step 3 of 3.
David
shutter
Community Veteran

Yeah !... but...... If you look carefully at my pics.... I don`t have any "offer" in the central box area.....

However.... !
I thought it might be something to do with FF, so I dug up the Internet Explorer short cut, and eventually managed to get it downloaded properly ( same routine as you)  through that, somehow... !..
What a lot of Pfaffing about.. !... why they have to use a "downloader" to download their stuff. and make it so difficult  compared to a simple "download now" button is beyond me....
Thanks for your input... ( was very early this morning when I finished )... !
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Re: Adobe Flash Player Download... Now. . . sorted !....

I did notice you weren't shown any offers. I get the offer whether or not the 'pro' code appears in the address bar, but that might be the effect of a cached page.
Perhaps clutching at straws but I think the offer panel content might be JavaScript driven - ticking/unticking the box toggles a T & C entry on the right. Do you allow JavaScript to run in Firefox?
David
shutter
Community Veteran

Dunno !. Cheesy
never had any problems with other sites... and downloading. etc... click and it works !...
Razer
Grafter

The offer is not appearing properly because of blocked scripts. I get the same as you, shutter, when I load the page. I temporarily allow the adobe scripts via Ghostery (which I think you recently started using), and I think is listed as Omniture/Adobe, off the top of my head. I also temporarily allow adobe scripts via NoScript. Then the page will display correctly, allowing you to untick the 'offer'.
Incidentally, you always post screenshots with photographs. Don't you know how to 'print screen'? It provides a much clearer picture of what's going on.
shutter
Community Veteran

Yes, could well be Ghostery... but I would never have suspected it, if you hadn`t pointed in that direction...
Don`t really understand all this java script and stuff, working in the background... I may have it switched off, but again, wouldn`t know, nor how to,/wher to go, to switch it on... !  Undecided
My yoututbe vids work, ok now... and I`ll scream and shout if something else doesn`t work !..
cheers  Wink
Razer
Grafter

Well there seems to be an indication of Ghostery in the upper right of the screen in your first pic (it's just not clear because it's a cut-off photograph instead of a full-showing screenprint). If it is what I think, then it will be showing that it is blocking certain scripts on the page (it's the default setting - I have that turned off because I find it annoying with every page loaded). What I can tell you is that if you Right click on your top Menu Bar in FF and select Customise you will be able to scroll through the selections to find the Ghostery icon, which you can drag and drop anywhere on the top bar, or on the bottom status bar (which I personally prefer). Then click Done on the Customise Toolbar dialogue to close it. Thereafter when you see the problem you can click this newly placed Ghostery icon to immediately show the scripts being blocked along with the option to temporarily pause the blocking (with other options you may view at your leisure).
shutter
Community Veteran

Yup!.. got Ghostry runnning as you said... will try to remember it next time I have similar problem, and right click on it to see what is going on >
thanks for the advice..
( ps... I know about customise ! ! )..  Wink
cheers
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

The ghostery button will accept a left click on it, not sure right click will give you the ghostery page tracker info or the toolbar contextual menu.
I think there is one particular Adobe tracker that you need to 'enable' as it breaks a lot of sites from functioning, I forget which one it is ATM but I'll update when I next look in.
That's RPM to you!!
kmilburn
Grafter

I had the same problem this morning,  and it's definitely related to Ghostery.
You need to enable 'Omniture (Adobe Analytics)' then reload the page  (you'll need to enable the green tick to always allow it),  after which the option to download McAfee is present, and the 'Install Now' button will download he appropriate file.
For me,  it's updated Flash to 11.9.900.152
shutter
Community Veteran

Thanks for posting that info.... will certainly come in handy if anyone else looks up this thread... ( and me... if it happens again ! ! )..