cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Rights in Windows 7

zedingrove
Grafter

Admin Rights in Windows 7

Just one more, I installed a program called TCP Optimiser and after instalation was informed that due to me not having full aministration rights I would not be able to use said program. But I am the only user on this pc and according to all users I have full admin rights????
cheersssssssssssssssssssssss
7 REPLIES 7
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Admin Rights in Windows 7

You have to run the program in Administrator mode. You can set it to do so in the properties info for said program.
That's RPM to you!!
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Or you might not need the program at all because Win7 optimizes TCP stuff automatically (unlike XP).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

or right click on the short cut and select Run as administrator
GrahamC
Grafter

As ejs stated, TCP Optimiser is not needed in Win7 as the TCP stack is fully optimised automatically.
To avoid problems in general when installing programs in Win7, install to a different folder other than "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)". These two standard installation folders are heavily protected under Win7 by default.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I think turning off User Account Control (which I would not recommend) also stops you from having to use the "Run As Administrator" option.
Merlin
Grafter

Windows 7 also has a full featured Administrator account as did XP, W2000 and NT  but in Win7 (and Vista) it is hidden and not activated by default.  This link shows you how to access the Administrator account:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html
zedingrove
Grafter

A big shout goes out to Merlin... Cheesy