cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address problem

bewick
Grafter

Re: Address problem

Fair point spraxyt. Just assumed , since the move to Plusnet has been planned for several weeks now,  that everythng would happen simultaneously. Then again PN can't be responsible for BT directory. We shall see. In the meantime my friend is delighted with the service so far.
bewick
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
Surely the main point was to get your friend's line released by TT and transferred to Plusnet retaining the number. As I understand it that has been delivered. Now that Plusnet own the line they should be able to correct the address. Give them a chance.

NO. not at all. The MAIN point was to restore my friend's online PHYSICAL ADDRESS, and phone number.The paper version could come later.
The cheaper Talktalk, who caused tne problem in the first place, failed to deliver  on their promise to correct,.
Plusnet have now failed to deliver after a week. and after TOTAL promise to fix have failed to  deliver..
Since that promise was central to my friend's decision to switch then does not this become fraud?
My friend is still listed, online at BT.com at an address which he has never even experienced.. The people actually living there do not want my friend to be there even on paper.
I am prepared to believe that some part of the BT Group is responsible but no part wishes to accept responsibility or to actually correct matters.
Since Plusnet totally promised that the problem would be fixed, but have failed to deliver, then I think that there may possibly be fraud here. Unintentional no doubt but fraud nonetheless.
In truth I believe that PN staff were not acting fraudulently. I believe that they believed  what they were saying but that BT failed to deliver.
In any potential legal action then my it would be  myfriend. vs Talktalk/plusnet.,  Myfriend  had/has no contractual association with BT

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I assume the Digital Care Team will take a look at this and respond in the morning.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@bewick
It's certainly not our intention to defraud anyone, I'm sorry that it seems that the address listing still hasn't been altered.
I'm happy to pick this issue up from here. Personally I'm not aware of what the processes are to change the address listing, however I will speak with members of our provisioning team who I imagine will know. I'll make sure we keep you posted.
In the mean time can you let me know what your friend's username is please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bewick
Grafter

Adam
No longer an issue. My friend's address HAS now been corrected - probably today.
I was just following on a thread I started when TT messed up his transfer to PN.
And NO I am quite sure that no-one in PN was attempting fraud - just got a little carried away wth the legal connotations., Sorry. I am quite sure that it was the BT end which was slow in fiing.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Glad to hear that's sorted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team