cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Fonts in Vista

Not applicable

Additional Fonts in Vista

I don't seem to have calligraphy fonts on my computer (have checked in CP>Fonts).
Does anyone know a reliable site where I can import some please?
I don't want masses, just a few.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Additional Fonts in Vista

i haven't tried using them but a quick Google threw up this as the first result http://www.urbanfonts.com/fonts/calligraphy-fonts.htm
Not applicable

Thanks for that oldjim. Would you happen to know if I could import it from another edition of Vista? I am pretty certain that I don't have it because my new version is Business. If it is possible to copy and paste it via a USB stick I do have access to Vista Basic which I know does have the font that I am looking for (i.e. Lucida Calligraphy).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Poppy,
I don't know but it is worth a try - go to C:/windows/fonts on the other machine and copy the ones you want then go to the same folder on the new machine. If you click on File/Install fonts it may well work
Not applicable

Have managed to transfer the fonts that I wanted via USB stick and all is working fine. One of the quirks of computers - can't understand why they are not all the same where fonts are concerned. Thank you for your help.
Smiley
Denzil
Grafter

Some of it is down to licensing as many fonts are commercial offerings. Try <a href="http://www.searchfreefonts.com/">this site</a> for lots of free ones.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

For anyone who wants "something a little bit different"  then this site is a "must have " on your bookmarks/favourites list..... brilliant  13,000 fonts  for FREEEEEEE !
Oh and don`t be put off by the number..... they are all categorised, and when you click on the category, it shows the actual fonts in a typed line so you can see if you like it.
Thanks for the link.... I shall have to reduce my 500 fonts to make some room for new ones now ! !  Roll_eyes Roll_eyes Roll_eyes