Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding my Waitrose (Plusnet) email account to Motorola G5 mobile

FIXED
arktos
Rising Star

Adding my Waitrose (Plusnet) email account to Motorola G5 mobile

My Motorola G5 (on Three) already has Gmail set up, but I'd like to add my Waitrose (provided by Plusnet) email address too, (and maybe Yahoo ones later. The Motorola instructions direct me to Apps, then Gmail.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'm not too happy with my several email identities popping up unexpectedly in all sorts of places as I browse the internet, and as I use the Waitrose one for private/personal correspondence, I want to keep it away from Gmail or Yahoo for privacy reasons.

Is there a method where I can enter my waitrose account server details etc without Gmail establishing a link, when the only method I can find directs me to the Gmail screen?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Adding my Waitrose (Plusnet) email account to Motorola G5 mobile

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Mobile to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Fix

How about going to the Play Store and having a search through the various apps for email? Like you, I tend to only use Gmail for, well my Gmail account. I've got Outlook set up on my G6 but there are plenty of other apps that should do what you want.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
arktos
Rising Star

My grateful thanks to 'idonno" for posting a solution for me. Ironically, one of he things that attracted me to the Moto G5 was that it came with close to "stock" Android, devoid of all the unwanted apps that accompanied my previous mobile and tablet, and were seemingly impossible to remove without "rooting", which would have been too drastic for me. (The other attractions were a user-replaceable battery, which as a low-user of mobile phones seemed likely to fail before anything else, - and very good value for money.) I added my Gmail account right away when I bought the phone, but it is only now I come to want to add other email accounts that I realised that the facility for adding email accounts which weren't Gmail were apparently not included, except to do it in conjunction with the Gmail app, about which I expressed my concerns in my previous post. ( I do not know how real a concern this is, - it's just my perception.) I'm guessing that 'idonno' encountered the same issue with his Moto G6, but I wasn't previously aware of the possible need to install a third-party email app, so I'm grateful to him for pointing this out.

I've been comparing the various apps today, and am currently looking more closely at BlueMail (unpaid version). User reviews are helpful, but it's astonishing that in the case of even highly rated apps, there's always someone who has a problem with them. Any personal recommendations from forum members would be very welcome.

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

It's easy to set-up Gmail to transfer emails to another email account and simultaneously mark the email as deleted on Gmail.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."