Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Titles to Home Movie

southken
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Adding Titles to Home Movie

My dad has a JVC camcorder and has the film transferred to a DVD disc.  Does anyone know how to add titles to the DVD via the computer.  I have installed the cd rom that came with the camcorder but can't find where to add the titles.  Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
snozboz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Adding Titles to Home Movie

The starting point is to get the video into an editable format on the PC.  You might be able to plug the camcorder into the PC, and get your video editing software to "record" the video directly from the camcorder onto your computer.
Alternatively, try using something like Handbrake - a program that extracts the video files from a DVD into an editable format on your computer.  Added: see this thread for other free DVD Ripping programs.
Once it's editable, your video editing software should be able to add titles etc.  Your camcorder may come with some basic video editing software.  Alternatively, Windows Movie Maker is the free Microsoft Windows program for this.  It's part of Live Essentials, which contains some other programs you may find useful.  (I'm assuming you're running Windows 7 Home Premium.)
Then, once you've edited it, you'll have to burn it onto a new DVD in the correct format.  Windows DVD Maker is the standard Microsoft program for this - I think it's a standard part of Windows 7 Home Premium.
Sorry if this is too basic for you - I've assumed a lot, and not mentioned all the other options and possibilities.
Hope this helps.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  tag fixed ]
southken
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks for your reply, it is windows 7 that I am running.  I will try what you have suggested and see what I can do. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

do you know what programs were on the camera disc, most can do what you want