cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add/Remove Programmes

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Add/Remove Programmes

Could someone please remind me where to find add/remove in Vista.  I seem to remember it goes under another name.
9 REPLIES 9
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Add/Remove Programmes

It's still under Control Panel, then see Programs - Uninstall a Program.  I think the name was changed because you never use this feature to Add a program!
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Thanks for that. Appreciated.
gadfly
Grafter

Windows Vista and Windows 7 have excellent search facilities, so in future just try entering a suitable search term such as uninstall in the Start -> Start Search box and a link to the program should be produced.
In Windows 7 you just have to enter device in the Start -> Search programs and files box to be provided with a link to the Device Manager.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I'm still using Vista on this laptop.  Keep meaning to upgrade but the price of W7 seems to be going up rather than down.
I was going to upgrade whilst I am here in Florida.  A PC store was offering to install for $69 (46 pounds) but wanted my laptop for 3 days so I declined.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

If you go to a store for an upgrade make sure:

• They will provide you with the Windows 7 disc at the end of the process (as well as the COA sticker, of course).

• Ideally this should be an Upgrade disc or Full Retail disc (actually it's a pair of discs).  You can buy OEM discs more cheaply but installing one on your existing machine would contravene the licence agreement (although I don't see how Microsoft would find out).

Mav
Fixes: 514

If you have children/grandchildren of school age or know someone who has then this may be of use;
Software4students
Less than 40 squid for W7 Professional!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Thanks Mav I may be able to hire a child for a day Wink  do you know if they check you out very much?
Mav
Fixes: 514

IIRC when you register/purchase you have enter which school/college the child goes to but not his/her name.
My daughter is 15 so no problem. the licence is not linked to the company so can't envisage an issue.
I did buy a copy for a friend. Although she does have an eligible son she had no method for online payment.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

artmo
Aspiring Champion

That's good Mav.  Thank you.  I will look into it when I get home at the weekend.