Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AdMuncher now FREE ...

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

AdMuncher now FREE ...

I know there are other programs which do their best to block ads and are also free, but of the ones I've tried none can match AdMuncher. 
http://www.admuncher.com/
2 REPLIES 2
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: AdMuncher now FREE ...

Altho it is Good , according to most reviews and supports All browsers  , it wont work with 64 bit browsers
and i quote "While Ad Muncher is without a doubt an attractive and independent niche product, it unfortunately doesn't offer a lot of improvement over the general browser-based solutions."
so think i will stick with ADblock plus on FF  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: AdMuncher now FREE ...

Although I'm using 64 bit Win 7 I'm still using 32 bit IE, mainly because I sometimes monitor some of my Axis IP Cameras in a browser window and there aren't any 64 bit versions of the Axis add-ons  (although I haven't checked recently to see if anything has changed on that front).
I had AdBlock Plus installed up until this morning before I installed AdMuncher.  I'd used AdMuncher several years ago (but discontinued due to deciding not to pay the $29.95 licence fee) and found it to be very reliable, more so than AdBlock Plus.
For me, AdBlock Plus used to 'stop working' sometimes, and I'd then end up with some browser tabs with ads and some without, some which were prone to pop-unders and some which weren't.  I don't reboot very often so I'd usually have to put up with that behaviour until I did reboot, which could be 2-3 weeks, not really satisfactory.  Then there's all the wasted resources caused by the ads updating etc. on the 'failed' tabs which can slow the PC down.
AdMuncher didn't suffer from those problems when I used it years ago, and hasn't shown any signs of that today so far.  Not only that, I haven't rebooted or closed any IE windows or tabs since I uninstalled AdBlock Plus this morning (although a reboot is required to complete the process), but I just installed AdMuncher immediately after the uninstall and it jumped straight to work.  Can't ask for better than that.  Cheesy