cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acronis Drive Monitor - Critical Events

Mav
Fixes: 515

Acronis Drive Monitor - Critical Events

Just wondering how reliable the warnings from Acronis Drive Monitor are.
It is currently reporting a problem with one of my 1TB drives.
Critical events: High risk events detected

Warning Disc internal temperature has increased above the safe range. Old value: 42C, New value: 43C

Also see jpgs below:
This is an internal drive in an external casing (no fan). 43C does seem very high. Other drives are showing around 26C.
I have noticed that drive access has slowed down over the last month or two. I have ordered a replacement to copy everything to just in case.
Also, without opening the case at present (the less it's moved till I get the data off the better I am thinking) is there an easy way to obtain the serial number so that I set up an RMA to Western Digital> (I now maje a note of all serial numbers before putting them in cases  Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Acronis Drive Monitor - Critical Events

Download and run speccy for the Hard drive serial number.http://www.piriform.com/speccy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Acronis Drive Monitor - Critical Events

Thanks Steve.
Unfortunately, Speccy only seems to find the internal drives. Can't seem to find any option for the external ones Sad
Edit: Found them under Peripherals - no serial numbers, though.
Edit 2: Forgot I have Sandra Lite installed but that doesn't list the serial numbers of external drivers either. Got the info from Belarc Adviser

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still