Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Kitz denied

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Access to Kitz denied

When  Itred just now to log on to Kitz forum I got a warning as in http://forum.kitz.co.uk/warning.php. The IP address is the one currently allocated to mr by PN. Has anyone idea what is going on? I have installed the upgraded version of Malwarebytes today and run a full scan, when nothing was found. Advice please.
Edit
Noticed in router's event log
	Feb 16 17:35:28	FIREWALL icmp check (1 of 1): Protocol: ICMP Src ip: 108.59.14.222 Dst ip: 87.113.133.58 Type: Destination Unreachable Code: Protocol Unreacheable
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Access to Kitz denied

I suggest you disconnect from Plusnet using your router's web interface*, wait a few seconds then connect again. Hopefully this will give you a different IP. After that try logging into the Kitz forums again.
If this works the problem would be that a previous user of that dynamic IP probably had an infected computer.
That FIREWALL icmp check entry you noticed in the log is nothing unusual, it is a probe of your computer (from a location in USA) but the router firewall blocked it. You would probably find a number of similar log entries over the course of a day.
* This should drop the PPP session but not cause a re-sync with the exchange.
David
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Access to Kitz denied

Thanks! Smiley I should know by now that restarts and disconnects have as many uses as aspirin Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.