cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abbey online banking and IE8

seanbranagh
Grafter

Abbey online banking and IE8

I phoned Abbey to demand to know why their online banking STILL says that IE8 is an unsupported browser 3 months after its release. Of course the friendly young girl has no useful answers!
5 REPLIES 5
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Re: Abbey online banking and IE8

You could try "Compatibility view".  This allows IE 8 to emulate earlier versions.  I have found this usually works when I get a similar message.
seanbranagh
Grafter

It works fine, just displays the "unsupported browser" message, that was not my point. The point is that IE8 has been an automatic update for months which by now, I asume, would make it one of the most commonly used browsers. Santander (Abbey) is one of the biggest banks in the world and it takes them that long to sort out their online banking to support IE8? How exactly should I feel about their online security?
Lurker
Grafter

Relieved that they are taking time to review things properly perhaps?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Have you tried Firefox Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

samuria
Grafter

It doesnt like firefox either its about time they sorted it out they should spend less money on F1 and more on the website. They have gone down hill over the last few years I have been with then for years but I have had loads of trouble with them recently.
First they changed my name and when i asked them they wanted me to prove who I was it took weeks and loads of phone calls for them to put my name right even though it was all their fault.
Then the cash machine crashed as its still running O/S2 and even though the girl was watching me at the time they said it would take 4 weeks for me to get my money back which is crazy. You would think they could cash up and find it hadnt paid me but no. If it was your only money to live on you would be nackered.
When I rang to complain I said I wanted to make a complaint they said the complaints dept dont speak to customers!! bet they dont get many complaints then