Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVG todays update

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: AVG todays update

Thanks guy's for your help (and PJ for the edit) AVG updated normally yesterday evening. Will look into shutting off auto update etc.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

AVG does funny things sometimes.
A while back when the AVG restart thread was around, Mine had updated and ever since it was crashing on every reboot - despite the fact everyone elses was fine!
Mine had wanted a restart and never came back to life - I had to uninstall and then reinstall the latest version.
AVG is just weird sometimes..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

Whatever AVG's little foibles, it's streets ahead of Norton, and I say that as a former dedicated Norton user of a number of years.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Yeah I agree with the above.
I used both Norton and McCrashee. Both were ok at detecting virus's, but both were useless at removing them. You had to download a special tool, run it, manually modify the registry etc etc etc etc.
AVG doesn't beat about the bush. It just does whatever is needed automatically and gets rid of it. No restarting, no registry editing, no "Download our fix" nonsense. It just gets on with it and clears the infection.
Considering that, I can put up with its odd little quirks and reinstalls.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!