Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVG 8 free

petlew
Pro
Fixes: 2

AVG 8 free

Anybody tried out AVG 8 free yet? downloaded and installed it this morning, seems Ok, said No! to installing the toolbar, but it was added it anyway. Is there some quiet connection between AVG and MS, as it offers Yahoo during set-up
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: AVG 8 free

I installed it yesterday, mainly to stop avg7 from bothering me with popups. It seems alright so far, not sure if I like the automatic checking of links on google searches. Don't get me wrong, it's impressive for a free virus checker, but if I want to go to a link that it thinks is risky I'm going to go anyway. I don't know if it'll stop me, I've not found one yet.
On the whole I quite like it so far.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Not done it yet, but it's on my list of things to do!  There is another thread around somewhere about this from earlier in the week.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Already been/being discussed at length here.
petlew
Pro

Quote from: pjmarsh
from earlier in the week.
Phil

Well, I thought there would be (although I haven't found it yet) as AVG 8 has been around for a day or two now, but I couldn't find another thread, that's why I started this one.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
petlew
Pro

Ah. thank you Peter.

holdtight
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
not sure if I like the automatic checking of links on google searches

I have to agree with that Matt but its not just google, i found that on very link intensive sites it slowed the
internet speed and page response considerably, so much so that ive now turned it off