Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVG 8.0 and IE7

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

AVG 8.0 and IE7

Has anyone had any problems with IE7 since installing/upgrading to AVG 8.0?
I seem to be getting more frequent occasions when IE7 hangs when opened, and fails to close when trying to exit. Task manager shows as not responding and process has to be ended this way. A reboot attempt sometimes also hangs until I kill the explorer.exe process.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
3 REPLIES 3
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: AVG 8.0 and IE7

Been using it since it came out...... no problems... smooth as silk  (running XP sp2)
If you don`t get an answer on here, try the AVG users forum    http://freeforum.avg.com/
Make sure you put in your OS and your computer spec !  Wink
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

@ shutter
Thanks for the link.
I've had a trawl through the AVG forum, and it appears that it may not be an IE7 problem after all. What I suspect is that AVG 8.0 puts greater demands on memory during start-up, so it takes longer, and I am being a little impatient with the time taken to load IE7. As I only have 256MB it is probably worthwhile upgrading.
Otherwise there's some useful advice on there about disabling the link scanner, and other things I wish I'd known about before upgrading. And they're pretty strict about adding OS and machine specs! I didn't bother posting a question, as I'll try experimenting with settings and use it as an excuse to spend money on more memory.
My other car isn't a Ferrari
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Have a look at Crucial for upgrade of you RAM.... it will do a scan of your computer, and tell you what you can put in, and how much.... They say they "guarantee" to give you the right bit for the job, and no quibble about it...
Recommended.
Wink Wink Wink