cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVG 7

firefly2
Grafter

AVG 7

does any-one know whether there has there been a lowering of security in this programme. a flash offering avg 8 [paid one ] showed that 7 was covered for virus only. came off norton because of the probs it was causing. virus only cover is insufficient tho'.  any suggestions from any-one??? thanks  firefly2  Undecided
6 REPLIES 6
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: AVG 7

AVG free as always only been anti-virus.
AVG have a new V8 products suite out (hence the pop-up) including anti-spam, anti-virus.
firefly2
Grafter

Ok thank-you Peter. thought it had more. the avg8 seems to be priced usd $59+. may as well try something can be purchased here then. virus only seems a bit risky. would like to think had an adequate firewall , thanks again .firefly2  Huh
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

What about PlusNets anti-spam filters? They are likely to do a better job than most of the paid for versions you can download. Unless you want more control over what happens.
firefly2
Grafter

Hmm. control  is the name of the game.  [ so they say ]!!!! will sleep on it .and thanks . feel a bit vunerable with just virus.  firefly2  Undecided
BenG
Grafter

Hi, I used to use Norton Internet Security, but it used to run a little slow on my PC, so I had to remove it, but I now use Free ones like AVG, but in the last few months I had problums with virus passing tho AVG. so i now use one called comodo, it free and also comes with a lot of features like.
Firewall, AntiMalware, and some others. you may want to have a look.
I remmber about 12 years back when I first started to use the internet. all I had was a virus killer and that was it, was none of this torjans, and what nots that are out nowerdays.
firefly2
Grafter

thankx Beng. will have a look at that then.  it really miffs me off that we have to go to such lengths to keep  fraudsters off our pc. think my son relies on avg and he does all sorts on his. afraid I am bit more cautious. my norton  360 made my pc slow  too. and it took over. firefly2  Smiley