cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATI ViVo Cards - has anyone actually ever got ATI's Videocapture to work?

Ghozer
Grafter

ATI ViVo Cards - has anyone actually ever got ATI's Videocapture to work?

as the title says, has anyone actually ever got ATI's Videocapture to work?
I have an ATI Radion HD2900, and im trying to use the Video-In option so I can plug in my DigiBox, and PS2 etc to it, but I have 2 problems..
The first being ATI do not provide any programs to use with the Video-In on the card..
The second being, every program I have found and tried, has always just produced a black screen, I dont get ANY picture from the FreeView Box, PS2 or DVD player
and its not this GFX card, this has been the case with every ATI card I have ever had, its just now I removed my TV Tuner (it was causing issues, and its not digital either) this is my only other option at the moment.
Anyone tried it? got theirs to work? or any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: ATI ViVo Cards - has anyone actually ever got ATI's Videocapture to work?

As far as I’m aware and from the specs on the ATI site (also the same for NVIDIA cards) the S Video socket is output only (if you are using this as the input). To capture video from say a Freeview box you would need something like a Dazzle box or a Digital TV card or USB dongle.
Have a look here http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/uk/Home/
Regards, P.
Ghozer
Grafter

Re: ATI ViVo Cards - has anyone actually ever got ATI's Videocapture to work?

Nah, the dongle I got with the card has sVideo, and composite, in and out (2 of each) -- its a ViVo card (Video In,  Video Out) I have seen it 'sort of' work, but never properly.
on a side not, ViVo is not to be confused with AVIVO
AVIVO is the Video decoder software that ATI uses, with various other features..
[Moderator's note by Peter (PJ):  Full quote of the proceeding post removed as per the link:rules.]