cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RT-AC3200 router on Hub One

FIXED
Ohio

ASUS RT-AC3200 router on Hub One

I've been given a Asus RT-AC3200 Router as a present.

I've tried setting it up and not able to get it to work through the RG45 port. The desktop detects the router and launches a browser page for setup. But its not able to detect the internet through this Asus router.

However when I plug the Ethernet lead back into the Hun One, I have the internet back again.

Been browsing the pages ref rg45 and router set ups but not able to find the answer.

It seems to me that the Hub One RG45 port is not working or not activated?

Been to the the Hub settings and on a diagram shows all devices connected through the standard ports. Desktops, phones and notebooks, but no RG45 port visible.

Is anyone able to assist please?

Kind Regards

Ohio 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: ASUS RT-AC3200 router on Hub One

Fix

Do you have an old modem to connect via pppoe etc..  Huawei HG612 or ECI ?

I don't think you can use the Hub-One as a modem only without hacking it, which is what you need to do.

For now you can use the router in AP mode by plugging it into one of the lan ports on the Hub-One, but you need to disable DHCP on the new router and make sure the ip range doesn't clash, not sure of the setup tbh.

Ohio

Hey thank you for the feed back.

I managed to access the Asus router's settings and turned on AP mode.

It's a fix I'd say. I can access the net with no problems and wifi also.

I didn't Disable the DHCP.  Everything is fine right now.

Good advice!

Ohio 

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Well, thats a pretty smart router, so I guess when you swithed it to AP mode it must have taken care of buisness.

However! to be able to use some of the more advanced functions of the router like QOS, you would be better of buying one of the modems listed above from one of the online auction sites for around a £10 and running it in PPPoE Mode.

Just my 10 cents worth anyway.