Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOL with Firefox

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

AOL with Firefox

This one isn't for me fortunately.
One of my friends started off with AOL (well there was this nice icon on the new PC Sad ) and having left them for Virgin cable (TV, phone, internet) retained the AOL email facility (£3 per month I think). Because of this she still uses the AOL interface for web access and her email which is based on IE6 hence not too secure.
I am trying to get her to try Firefox but I have absolutely no idea what problems she will face. I also am trying to get her to move her email to Virgin and dump the AOL account but this is more long term.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
3 REPLIES 3
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

Re: AOL with Firefox

Why doesn't she just use the AOL webmail? I used to be with AOL and I'm pretty sure that's all my dad did (kept his e-mail address open, doesn't touch the software, and we have never been charged).
Or am I misunderstanding something?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

She loves the little voice saying "you have new messages" so while she retains the AOL email she will continue to use that system.
The real question is whether using Firefox for general web browsing to give better cookie control and more security will mess up this AOL feature  Roll_eyes
MikeWhitehead
Grafter

It shouldn't do. I always used Firefox while using the AOL software (although this was a long time ago so things may have changed since then). I totally agree with not using the integrated browser, it's truely horrific.