cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Question for Plusnet

MommaCat
Grafter

A Question for Plusnet

How costly and time consuming would it be for Plusnet to facilitate passwords for email accounts.  My problem is this.  I have, in the past, used Mailwasher Pro which I think is a brilliant tool for checking and deleting spam and potential virus carrying email from the server before every they can hit my Mailbox.  However, when you ask Mailwasher to check your mail it, in turn, asks you for a user name and password.  I have tried using my user name and password given to Plusnet when I set up my account, but this does not work.  I understand that Plusnet does not support this.
I have contacted the Mailwasher Techies and they tell me there is no way in which I can stop Mailwasher from asking for a user name and password.
Would it be possible for Plusnet to allow this?  I hate to think I cannot use my Mailwasher any more - darn it, I paid for it!  Grin
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: A Question for Plusnet

All of our email accounts require a password to collect email. For example:
If your username is mommacat then the username for your main mailbox will be mommacat, the password will be your default account password.
If you have a mailbox called meow then the username for this would be mommacat+meow and the password would be whatever you chose when setting up the mailbox.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pd
Grafter

@MommaCat
Hi
I have just installed Mailwasher and tested it and it works fine.  What are you using for username in Mailwasher?  It should just be your plusnet username eg  user   not for instance your email address  me@user.plus.com
If you used Mailwashers auto setup it could have picked up your email address for its username.

MommaCat
Grafter

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum!  Embarrassed
Thanks for the information.  I think it was the wrong username in Mailwasher that is causing the problem.  I did indeed use the set-up wizard.  I will go and sort that out!  Thanks a lot! Kiss
MommaCat
Grafter

Yes, it worked!  Many thanks again.
pd
Grafter

Great.  Only too happy to have been able to help.
adie:quote