cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8800 AXL - WPS how do I get it to work?

thunderer
Grafter

8800 AXL - WPS how do I get it to work?

I'm coming to pick some brains if possible.
I've set the 8800 AXL up and it's running perfectly, I just want to connect a few devices to it using WPS, I press the button on the side of the router and nothing happens!  Huh
I've found settings in the 2,4G & 5G security settings and tried to activate it by putting WPS to Enable, but still nothing when I press the WPS button on the router.
I'm now completely confused. WPS should be an easy thing to use, but I just can't figure out how to get it to work in this case.
Help & advice would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: 8800 AXL - WPS how do I get it to work?

It's optional - you don't need to press buttons to connect to an access point.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

thunderer
Grafter

I want to connect two printers wirelessly. One is next door in another room, the other down stairs. Both are Canon & both are WPS enabled so they should be easy to do. But Billion's methodology leaves much to be desired as do their manuals. Angry
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/374104/why-you-shouldnt-use-wps-on-your-wi-fi-network

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

thunderer
Grafter

Ooo, they're going to hack my printers!  Grin
The nearest house to where I am is 50m away, plus two on either side. One is a BT engineer, the other side is empty most of the time as the lady is away on an around the world cruise/trip, behind the house is nothing for 9½ km, but fields & woodland.
So I'm in real danger of being hacked, especially as I have three firewalls.  Tongue