cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£50 Cashback Broadband Deal?

Joey0027
Grafter

£50 Cashback Broadband Deal?

Does anybody know whether the £50 cashback is available to those wishing to switch their broadband & telephone service from Madasafish to Plusnet? I have heard not, but I cannot see anything in the Terms & Conditions to support this.
Many thanks.
18 REPLIES 18
Joey0027
Grafter

Re: £50 Cashback Broadband Deal?

Is anyone from Plusnet able to comment on this? Many thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Yes, you'd be eligible for the cashback moving from MAAF to Plusnet Smiley
Joey0027
Grafter

Thank you Matt.
I am however not a happy bunny as Madasafish advised on 2 separate occasions during our telephone conversation that I would not be eligable which led to me agreeing to a further 12 months. I however, after 8 years with MAAF wished to change to Plusnet and with the £50 cashback this would be a much cheaper option for me.
Do I have a cooling off period for a verbal agreement especially after incorrect information was supplied?
Many thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Apologies that you have been informed this, YOU ARE entitled to the cashback offer. I've sent feedback regarding this and will confirm when it's been picked up by her TL. We are also alerting the team that dealt with this to reiterate it.
You are not tied into a 12 month contract, we only ever require 10 days notice. Sorry that you feel that way, but like I said we have dealt with that internally so this won't happen again.
Matt did advise you correctly, and if you do wish to migrate to Plusnet then we can certainly arrange that, and YOU ARE entitled to the £50 cashback.
Chris
Joey0027
Grafter

Many thanks Chris.
I messaged MAAF yesterday via the ticketing system (57754409) but unfortunately have not received any response as yet.
I am hoping that I will receive the requested MAC code to enable me to migrate before the cashback offer expires in a couple of days & also confirmation that I will be able to retain my MAAF e-mail address.
Any further assistance that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
Joey0027
Grafter

Well, I've just received the MAC key so I can now proceed to sign up with Plusnet. I just need to clarify what will happen with my MAAF e-mail address as I will still require use of this for the time being so will await a response to my further ticket update.
When you say 10 days notice is required, do I have to wait before signing up with the MAC code to Plusnet?
Many thanks & kind regards.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your on the way then. you need to speak with our customer options team on 0844 395 0830, you will need to call between Monday - Friday 9.00 - 5.30. They can arrange getting your Plusnet account up and running with the cashback offer. There is 3 days remaining on the cashback offer, so call before then to make sure you qualify for the cashback offer.
The ten days notice will not have an impact on you, your services will just transfer across.
In regards to your email, you can keep your email account, this would be charged at £1.69 per month to have an active MAAF email account.
Kind Regards,
Chris
Joey0027
Grafter

Many thanks Chris.
I'll do it all online now that I have the MAC code as I want to pay line rental upfront etc and will be easier for all.
Ideally I don't want to have a MAAF & Plusnet e-mail address but after 8 years wth MAAF, I'll have a lot of things to change. Who needs to arrange this & do I wait until the services are transferred?  Can incoming e-mails to MAAF not be transferred to my new PLusnet address when set up? Will I be billed by Plusnet or MAAF for this?
Thanks again & kind regard
Steve.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Joey0027,
The Digital Care Team are here until 5:30pm, it looks like your response has just missed them.
When you call to speak to the Customer Options Team regarding your Cashback entitlement, at the same time, ask about keeping your e-mails open and they will make sure this happens for you. You will be billed £1.69 per month by Madasafish, it will be a 'Justmail' account.
Your e-mails can't be transferred over to Plusnet unfortunately as they would be classed as two separate accounts (MAAF Justmail & Plusnet Broadband + Phone). Don't worry though you will just need to log into your MAAF webmail via the MAAF website.
I hope that helps Smiley
Joey0027
Grafter

Many thanks to all, all signed up now via your website.
Just need to ensure that MAAF action my request via the ticketing system to retain my current e-mail address.
How I receive the £50 cashback? Will details be sent to me in due course?
Thanks again & kind regards
Steve.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear that's sorted now. Your MAAF email address should remain active, I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it does. If you have any issue's with it then let me know and I'll follow that up.
You'll receive your cashback via check. Within 2 working days of sign-up you'll receive an email containing a link to a claim form.
You can view the process <a href="http://www.plus.net/packages/">here</a>.
Officially welcome to Plusnet Smiley
Kind Regards
Chris.

Joey0027
Grafter

Many thanks Chris.
Wow, both the telephone & internet have already been migrated...now that's quick work!
It has also been confirmed via the MAAF ticketing system that my MAAF e-mail account will remain without any problems.
Could you just clarify something for me regarding the telephone service? I have paid the line rental upfront however in the home phone control panel within the members section it states that the line rental is £12.99 per month & that the next payment date will be 24/08/12.?Huh
Also, I have just seen your advertisement whereby in additional to the cashback, new customers are offered 3 months half price internet. This was not an option when I signed up via your website & I would be grateful if you could advise.
Thanks again.
Kind regards
Steve.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You've paid your line rental upfront and will NOT be charged monthly for this. In the home phone control panel it is just stating that you have line rental service.
So any future payments will be only for your; broadband package, phone call charges and any extra broadband usage over your allowance if you don't have a <a href="https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/">data transfer watch</a> set.
In regrards to the offer, we do have several different offers and options available. It would be through which ever offer you have chosen online that would be applicable to you, not all offers will be direct through our website.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards
Chris

Joey0027
Grafter

Many thanks for clarifying that Chris, I just wanted to ensure that I wouldn't be charged again for line rental.
With regards to the 3 months half price line rental, this is shown on your advertisement and also on your website www.plus.net/plusnet along with links from broadbandchoices, uswitch, moneysavingexpert etc but this offer is not shown when using just www.plus.net?
I would be grateful if you could advise as this seems to be the standard offer at the moment.
Many thanks & kind regards
Steve.