cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5-year-old finds flaw in Xbox Live security while hacking into his dad's account

TORPC
Grafter

5-year-old finds flaw in Xbox Live security while hacking into his dad's account

[quote= http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2597518/5-year-old-finds-flaw-Xbox-Live-security.html]A 5-year-old San Diego boy has outwitted the sharpest minds at Microsoft — he's found a backdoor to the Xbox.
Kristoffer Von Hassel managed to log in to his father's Xbox Live account. When the password log-in screen appeared, Kristoffer simply hit the space button a few times and hit enter.
Robert Davies tells KGTV-TV that just after Christmas he noticed his son playing games he supposedly couldn't access.
I am still laughing my gluteus maximus off  Grin Grin Grin
2 REPLIES 2
Devonian
Grafter

Re: 5-year-old finds flaw in Xbox Live security while hacking into his dad's account

I did find that pretty funny if I'm honest!  Grin Grin Grin
Thunderclap
Grafter

Re: 5-year-old finds flaw in Xbox Live security while hacking into his dad's account

Most devices have back door hacks. Developers leave them in to get at the 'debug mode'. Stores can bypass the demo mode accordingly. Even your TV has a hidden "service mode". It's often something like hold down the ok button for ten seconds, then press menu and off together.... Give the remote to a three year old and'll figure it out for you.