cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£30 gift voucher from Amazon

halster65
Grafter

£30 gift voucher from Amazon

Hi, I was wondering if I am eligible for this promotion, since I havnt had my broadband installed and activated yet?Huh
12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: £30 gift voucher from Amazon

I believe this offer is only available if you signed up through broadbandchoices and started today, sure someone will clarify shortly.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi halster65,
dvorak is correct, you would need to have signed up through an affiliate such as broadband choices to qualify for the offer.
Jojo Smiley
halster65
Grafter

damn! oh well.....
thisoldman
Grafter

what a strange story.  The offer does not appear on the main plusnet site and  a couple of points intrigue me.

1  Is Plusnet compromising the integrity of broadband choices by involving them in a promotion. Whats in it for broadband choices.
2 After spending millions on the good honest broadband campaign, why does plusnet need to get involved in this type of promotion
3 Whats plusnet's deal with amazon.
So much for transparency.?
thisoldman
Grafter

Grin oh i must sayheelo to dvorak  hadn't noticed him before  congrats  to you as we dont have many 100 year old mods
try not to overdo things  save your strength.      enjoy your care home Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

1  Is Plusnet compromising the integrity of broadband choices by involving them in a promotion. Whats in it for broadband choices.

They are an affiliate channel for us, so each signup through their site to us will make them some money. Many ISPs have affiliate channels for signups and this helps them add customers.
2 After spending millions on the good honest broadband campaign, why does plusnet need to get involved in this type of promotion

It's a different way for us to get our brand known by customers and another way for people to sign up to us.
3 Whats plusnet's deal with amazon.

We're offering Amazon gift vouchers to customers who sign up through affiliates, not sure what else you mean here?
So much for transparency.?

I'm really not sure what isn't transparent here, it's an offer along the lines of many offers that have happened previously for many different companies and I'm sure will continue to happen in the future.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
thisoldman
Grafter

txs for your reply chris. I dont want to pursue indefinately this topic but i feel that you have missed the point.  Sure as you say bchoices make money when  someone uses them to join pn.But can you assure ppl that bchoices is NOT in any way manner or shape being influenced in recommending pn.  Perhaps im naive but i thought consumer advice companies strove to be impartial
The bung smell still lingers.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I believe that broadband choices offer a comparison which is purely based on the price of the service, however if people do choose to sign up through them they will make some money. That's how affiliate sites work, if the service isn't good then it won't be recommended. We aren't the only company to have affiliates, I'm pretty sure that most ISPs and many other companies (including gas and electricity providers) have similar arrangements with other sites.

I'd like to stress that I don't know the details of any affiliate deals with sites and these comments are from when I worked elsewhere in a different industry.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
visitor

Has anyone who has joined actually had their Amazon voucher yet?  (And doesn't it seem weird than an internet service provider is sending out the vouchers by snail mail?)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The vouchers are being sent by email direct from Amazon, if I remember correctly. If you've not received them yet please let us know and we'll chase it for you - we're hoping to have everything sorted within the next week or so.
visitor

Thanks Matt Taylor,
I was hoping to get a response from a customer to see what other peoples experiences had been like.  I was told on 6th Sept ( I joined plusnet in the middle of June) the vouchers coming out by standard post, when they didn't arrive I was told to check for a spam email!!  Now they want to know when I became a customer, what my old email address was, where I signed up from.  Just feels like delaying tactics to me. 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The when is to confirm you signed up during the offer period, sorry that we have to ask but there's a surprising number of people who do like to try it on as it were. Also there's a couple of different offers that have different values of voucher depending on where you signed up through, which means we have to chase it differently. If you've a ticket open please put this information on there (not necessarily the date of signup but definitely where you signed up through) and we'll get this sorted for you, I'm sorry the vouchers haven't arrived yet.