Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2700HGV, some minor issues

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

2700HGV, some minor issues

Just got one of these to replace my old and trusty 585V6.  Unfortunately it came with the V6 firmware, which according to some forums, is not a good thing.... but never mind.....
Issues I have seen, are when I switch it on, it seems to take an absolute age, for the wireless to activate itself, I have on occasion had to diasable and re-enable to interface.  Once its on, it seems fine (I dont reboot the router every day).  Also, is it possible via the webpage, to manually resync or disconnect and reconnect the PPP session.  Can see any way at all of doing this.
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: 2700HGV, some minor issues

Quote from: penfold
Also, is it possible via the webpage, to manually resync or disconnect and reconnect the PPP session.  Can see any way at all of doing this.

With mine (F/W version 5.29.107.19) I just browse to 192.168.1.254/MDC and then click 'Resets' under the 'Troubleshooting' menu on the left. On this page there's an option to reset the 'ISP Connection'.
There's loads of helpful info about these routers here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Bob.  On the V6 firmware, that IP is not valid.  I Used the linky you posted to configure the router when I got it, but if I had looked further down, it describes how to reset PPP etc on V6 firmware Roll_eyes  Nothing on the wireless issues though...
Cheers
Chris
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Issues I have seen, are when I switch it on, it seems to take an absolute age, for the wireless to activate itself,

They do take quite a while to boot up. They run pretty cool ( unlike a lot of routers ) so best thing is not to turn it off. You can disable / enable the wireless without rebooting if you want to.
On the V6 firmware the 'Resets' link is available from the 'diagnostics' tab, they have removed the mdc link.
As its a V6 one, make sure the Openzone is disabled. Bob's link will explain all if you read it.
Edit : beat me to it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: MisterW
As its a V6 one, make sure the Openzone is disabled. Bob's link will explain all if you read it.
Edit : beat me to it...

Thanks Mr W.....  OpenZone was disabled when I first looked in the settings.  It has mysteriously enabled itself.  I have disabled again, but the forum Bob pointed to, that I have read extensively when I first got the router, says it can take up to 7 days to disable......  Wireless is fully protected however, with a WPA-PSK password, and Fusion disabled, and a lengthy router password now in there.  Seems like a good router so far....