Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£193 for a Watch !

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: £193 for a Watch !

When I wear a watch (rare usually, I'm happy to use my phone instead) it's one of these:

My dad left me an electronic rotary GT, I've since bought a standard automatic and then the monza edition (the electronic tends to go through a battery every month or so, however it's mint so I keep it for special occasions and use the monza automatic as standard).
Got a bit of a thing for those watches, to be honest. Love the GT chequered flag design.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experts slam the technology as 'gimmicky and pointless' with only 5% of customers interested in buying it
"It looks like an asbo tag"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2412456/Samsung-smartwatch-Experts-slam-technology-gi...
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Quality journalism from the DM as usual  Sad
AndrewLorimer
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
I have one of these in daily use.
I wanted a watch with hands so I don't have to put on my glasses to see the time.
It has a number of extra functions which I don't use but it's always the correct time which I did want.
I didn't buy it as a 'fashion statement' as it's functional and that's what I went for.

The one that you have is solar powered and of a later model than mine.
I use this digital watch (pictured below): it uses an atomic time control signal (The Time from NPL (National Physical Laboratory)); and I display the date and time using the 24 hour format.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I'm still wary of devices that have a button with 1000 different functions depending on from which point of the compass you approach it Roll_eyes
My watch has 3 such buttons and in trying to stop the back-light coming on randomly I ended up in stop-watch mode in Tokyo time Undecided

There is no 'Return to Default' setting as for an international device 'default' could mean many different things.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AndrewLorimer
Grafter

Yes, they are complex. One does need the supplied manual.
It's good training for the next millennium though!
Shocked
JamesM
Grafter

This is my other watch,
AndrewLorimer
Grafter

Wow! A good picture.
I'm drinking Jim Beam White Label.
Smiley
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the third "Ello", the time will be......