cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wanted to subscribe but....

scoobyjones1
Dabbler

wanted to subscribe but....

I have been a Plusnet user for a while now and wanted to try the TV service. I already have a BT 4k UHD youview box, I pay for the BT sports app, Plusnet fibre, Plusnet landline and 2 Plusnet mobile accounts. I was told I would have to buy another box (one is £6.99 and the other is £57.99 upfront, plus postage),....ok...fair enough I could always re-sell that I suppose. £5 a month for TV....fine...but then I was told it's another £5 for BT sports, another £3 for the entertainment package, and another £3 for HD. There is also an activation fee depending on which TV box you buy....I was not sure if I would be able to use my own box at all, or with which activation....all very confusing and getting a bit pricey all together. Still, I wanted to try it for a few months and see how it all worked. But NOPE, I was then told...after a long time on the phone, that I would have to sign up for 18 months for the TV and re-contract for my phone and broadband for another 18 months AS WELL !! There was no option to subscribe for the remainder of my fibre deal....no month trial....nothing.

This is ridiculous. Surely Plusnet would get a lot more TV subscribers if they made it more flexible, easier to understand but mainly not so expensive and restrictive!! I may as well go back to SKY or BT direct.

1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 461

Re: wanted to subscribe but....

Hi there.

Apologies that we can't offer you what you wanted.

We don't have an option not to send you a YouView box if you take out our YouView service.

I've replied to you over here too.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team