Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scroll back and wireless connection question

steedie1
Hooked

scroll back and wireless connection question

Hi,

I am thinking of cancelling SKY and having a plusnet youview box.

I have a couple of easy questions.

Firstly, will I be able to connect the you view box to my sky mini wifi connector ( i currently have an HD sky box but it doesn;t have wifi access so i have a small mini connector next to it, that sky sent me, which is linked to my plusnet modem)

Secondly, I would like BT sport, so can I also use the 7 day scroll back to watch Bt sport ie: a live rugby match shown on Bt sport on a Friday and watch , lets say that match on the Monday ?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Fixes: 596

Re: scroll back and wireless connection question

You need to have the youview box connected by a cable to view the iptv channels, wireless doesn’t work.
Also for bt sport I don’t believe it has 7 day catch up, certainly doesn’t on the app.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
steedie1
Hooked

the sky box is connected to the mini wifi via an ethernet cable.

shame about the BT Sport, perhaps I'll wait until Bt and Sky sort out when they will share.

Thanks for reply.

Fixes: 596

Multicast doesn’t work over wireless, so even that set up wouldn’t work for iptv channels - would be ok for Netflix, iPlayer etc though
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
steedie1
Hooked

Sorry, I dont really understand multicast. So is BT Sport not via the internet then? and i assume most of the other programmes are via the normal digital aerial? and therefore not via the internet.

steedie1
Hooked

Reading about multicast, it looks to me that it means using netflix, or downloading previous programmes.

Having previously had now tv, which uses the same wireless connection to the plusnet one hub, I still don't understand why the you view box cannot be connected to the mini connector via the ethernet cable and to then be wirelessly connected to the hub one.

I'm not being difficult, I just don't understand why the you view box has to be connected by ethernet cable to the plusnet hub, perhaps someone can just explain why such a wifi set up doesn;t work?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 42

Hi @steedie1, thanks for your reply.

It's because multi-cast doesn't transmit on most wireless devices, as well as the Humax (our YouView) boxes not having wireless hardware installed.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
steedie1
Hooked

Sky On Demand Connector

steedie1
Hooked

sorry a bit big, this is my mini connector.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 80

Hi @steedie1,

Thank you for sending that over, this connector wouldn't be compatible with the Youview box I'm afraid. The Youview box would either need to be connected directly to the router via ethernet, or if you're wanting to use the Youview box in a different part of the house to the router powerline adaptors can be used to get a wired connection to the Youview box. You can find out more about powerline adaptors and Youview here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team