cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programs cut short

delboy1691

programs cut short

ive looked at other posts as far back as 2 years ago i assume like me lots of people have the same problem i watch a lot of history discovery programs and most start 3 minutes early and cut after 59 minutes and i miss the end very frustrating, its not as if im recording loads of programmes either, if this is a problem can you alter the buffering on the box manually so it starts later im aware the recordings go by the guide time but i thought YV could have added this in as an option somehow.if they don't at the end of my contract im off

4 REPLIES 4
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: programs cut short

Hi @delboy1691

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your query.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the recordings, Does this happen with any other channels or is it just the specific one's you've mentioned?

HairyMcbiker
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

There isn't any way of adding a buffer like there was on Freeview. With YV/FV+ it is 100% on the broadcaster transmitting correct data and sending the program at the right time. When they don't we loose the start/end of the program.
delboy1691

hi thanks for the reply. i was offered the yv box with an upgrade to your fibre broadband as a loyal customer your broadband service is excellent and i reccomend you to people its just the following very annoying niggle that irritated me so much.

i have sky tv so watch most terestial and entertainment on there and i have freeview via a seperate ariel in my daughters bedroom both systems when recording record for about 62 minutes where as the you view records for a little over 59 minutes.

i only watch certain channels through youview that my sky subscription does not cover,as my family do not usually view these types of programme i record them those being discovery, crime and investigation, history, all of which are affected on a regular basis i also watch eurosport and BT sport live events recording some content biathlon, snooker, football mainly and on occasions these have been affected but this is due to late running live sport resulting in delayed starts etc which is annoying but i understand and look for a highlights programme. the problem with the non sport programming if you look for another recording to catch the end you tend to get the same problem again, unfortunately recording the following program(start time of my program 9pm- 10pm, then the next program on the same channel10pm-11pm) doesnt work as it doesnt start early enough to catch the end of the program before, trust me ive tried.

hope all this info helps (i feel i may have got carried away a little) to make clear the problem.

may i suggest the you view box in future be repeogrammed/updated to allow for this 

delboy1691

thanks i thought so but maybe there should beCheesy