Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

premier league and EFL cancelling football matches bt sport

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

premier league and EFL cancelling football matches bt sport

the premier league and EFL have decided to postpone matches for approx 2 weeks maybe longer  because of coronavirus ,as its the only reason I signed up to BT sport what are plusnet going to do when  they cant provide a service Im paying for 

6 REPLIES 6
RealAleMadrid
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: premier league and EFL cancelling football matches bt sport

@hooverman So it is PlusNet's fault that the footie has been postponed for an unknown time. You cannot be serious.. 😀

hooverman
Rising Star

hi thanks RealAleMadrid for your reply my answer would be if you booked to go to a sports event or a show and it was cancelled due to illness  would you expect them to keep the money  and not refund you, my argument is not  with plusnet , but BT they could say they would reduced  the price of subscriptions while providing a reduced service  

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 14

The current situation is that matches have been postponed. Therefore the plan is to play them at a later date.

The broadcaster be it BT, Sky or BBC should still have the rights to show the events when they take place. That means no impact on the consumer other than inconvenience, which we are all experiencing in many other areas of our daily life at present.

No one is offering any compensation for that are they?

TheJayBee
Grafter

If is possible that BT Sport and Sky could seek compensation from the Premier League.  

I think it is far too early to have conversations about compensation for customers or broadcasters in a rapidly changing environment.

I’ve just seen the Premier League chief doesn’t think the season will be completed.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 405

Thanks for getting in touch @hooverman.

We have on plans to offer refunds on this at this moment in time.

As the BT Sport app is on a 30 day rolling contract you can remove it and then readd it when the football is back on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hooverman
Rising Star

thanks mathew I cancelled my bt sports subscription a few  days ago , and look forward to resumption of BT sports when I can restart BT sport again with plusnet,