cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new Now TV inteface

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

new Now TV inteface

I know PN have no control over the apps that are installed on their boxes but the new Now TV! interface is terrible - its way too clunky for the screen and details seem to vanish off the right hand side.

6 REPLIES
Daniel28012
Grafter

Re: new Now TV inteface

It's more in keeping with the colour scheme on all other digital TV now TV apps and I have no cutting off of text on the app. The old now TV display was tearable this is a fantastic upgrade.
Community Veteran

When you open up the left hand menu it pushes the movies off to the right without changing the width of that part of the display so you end up with stuff vanishing off the screen.

Also scrolling through movies in a category used to be a scroll left of right with the movies flowing along. Now its in a 3 * 3 box which you have to scroll down (or across if you want to see details on the movies in the 2 or 3 column) and the image load is slow with a noticeable lag when you move between rows as it obviously doesn't do anything clever like pre-fetching / caching of the movie data. Also why is everything so big?

The old interface was primarily left /right (with a little bit of up and down) now its a lot of up and down and a lot of left and right.  I'm not really convinced that this is an improvement.

Mayfly
Pro
Fixes: 1

I've found it cutting off the left side of the screen in both settings and when viewing my recordings. It's certainly annoying.

DaveyH
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Surely either the Now TV or Youview communities would be the best place to post this given its out of Plusnet's control

Peter111
Hooked

Not impressed with this now tv app update.
Seems slow and clunky, also i can’t see viewing history anywhere
Community Veteran

Also if you have stopped watching a film part way through then when you go back to it later you can't restart it. You used to be able to either re-start or continue from where you where. Now you can only continue.