cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netflix error code NW2-4

cgp56

netflix error code NW2-4

Hi, New to plusnet moved from Talk Talk, never had a problem using Netflix but since I started with Plusnet Netflix won't load and comes up with error code NW-2-4.  I googled this and tried all the suggestions, changing channels, rebooting TV, router etc but still no success. Speed is  way better that Talktalk, signal strength is good etc and basically Netflix are saying network provider issue, plusnet are saying I should be able to get it so can anyone help please?  Have a samsung smart TV 6 months old.  Thanks Carl

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 15

Re: netflix error code NW2-4

@cgp56 

There have been other threads on these forums concerning issues with Netflix and Samsung TVs but these were a few years ago and involved TVs older than yours.

I had such an issue some time ago with a 2015 Samsung TV and solved that by providing a wired connection to the router as it seemed that there was a problem with the Samsung TV wifi card and the Hub 1 router not always connecting - things would be fine for about 30 - 60 minutes then Netflix stopped working until a full reboot of the TV. I do not remember seeing any error codes though.

More recently I have twice had Netflix declare that the internet was down when it was not and checks via the Netflix app said that the router and all Netflix servers were working as they should, and when all other apps built into the Tv worked perfectly fine. I suspect these were a Netflix issue but what I do not know. Things were back to normal after a few minutes.

I sometimes wonder if such "outages" are due to a routing issue through the PN network and beyond. Maybe someone knows the answer!? Sorry that I cannot give you a solution.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 83

Hi @cgp56,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. I've had a look into this myself this morning and it looks like there could be a few things causing this to occur. We'd be happy to offer some suggestions, but I should state at the outset that this is bordering on what our support staff are able to assist with. With that having been said, is your Smart TV connected to the router via and Ethernet cable or over Wi-Fi? If it is via an Ethernet cable, is this a direct connection or does the signal go through Powerline Adapters to reach the TV?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
cgp56

Hi, connected by WIFI 

Thanks,

Carl

Dan_the_Van
Pro
Fixes: 7

Hi @cgp56 

Have you tried running Netflix on another device, like a PC, iPad or Android? This will prove if the issue is with PlusNet or your TV.

Dan.