Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls anyone prepared to pay the £10pm for BT Sports

Baldrick1
Hero
Fixes: 87

Re: ls anyone prepared to pay the £10pm for BT Sports

If you click on Here’s the Legal Bit on the Plusnet home page you can read that fixed price only applies to the line rental and broadband element of your contract.  https://www.plus.net/?_ga=2.87641307.2125430367.1566568708-1168526247.1566568708

BERTJ
Rising Star

bt sports is outside any fixed contract that fixes bb and line rental charge other charges are open to increases as and when.

l note you have plus net tv this includes bt sports lite free of charge which is bt sports 1 so premier league games .

lf you want bt sports 2 etc li will cost you £10 pm from 17th September if you already have a discounted bt sports rate this should be taken off the £10pm l understand l would speak to the options team for clarification.

Other option cancel bt sports but you have to give 30 days notice.

davidcmilne

Tolmie - I also signed up for BB, TV, BT Sport etc all at the same time.  My confirmation explained I was on an 18 month contract with a fixed price quoted that covered everything, including BT Sport.  

I'm challenging their claim that, even though that explicitly includes BT Sport, some general term supposedly limits fixed price to line rental and broadband only.  They're trying to argue that "even though your email confirmation explicitly includes BT Sport channel in the price we are fixing, you really shouldn't believe us".  If they had intended to exclude the BT Sport channel, then my confirmation should have quoted a fixed price for LR and BB only, and then added other elements (inc BT Sport) to that.

I'm also challenging on grounds of "Material Detriment".  I renewed with Plusnet with a clear package in mind, and after having compared quotes from Virgin, BT, etc.  Ofcom guidance on in-contract price changes is clear that customers should be able to do this with confidence and not face large in-contract hikes once they've signed up.  It also states that, even if a provider claims that elements of its service are under different contracts, these should be treated as a single bundle if they appear to be treated in practice as a bundle (e.g. if you pay a single price for all elements),  A £5 hike to the BT Sport channel (and therefore to my bundle) is unreasonable and constitutes Material Detriment.

Baldrick1
Hero

I bet if there was an award for the company that was best at shooting itself in the foot that Plusnet would win it!

BERTJ
Rising Star

l agree with you they should make everything clear but PN will not change their ways until ofcom get involved.
They are past masters of causing confusion or their customer services just repeating their script over and over again.
Roll on contract expiry.
Mina
Hooked

I only got the sport app for the motogp, this was an offer at £2.50 a month for 6 months then £5 a month. Still waiting for it to be billed. When I queried this I was told I would only be billed for 90 days when it finally gets added.

However once the last race has aired I  will be cancelling the contract and watching the free to air highlights next year.

BERTJ
Rising Star

Overall even though there has been 400+ views of my original posts there have be very few who have responded to say they are continuing with BT Sports with PN ok some will say thats not a true reflection of views as only from forum members but it must give PN a general view of customers feelings.

This just supports my thoery that the greater majority are very unhappy with PN .

Ok we understand PN need to generate bigger income from BT Sports but it is the way they have approached the situation which

is not gaining any supprt from customers l see.

Ok they will hope customers have short memories and will flood back to PN Bt Sports that will be seen in the future.

Ok PN must have raising costs from BT but they charge more overall for a far superior service but they did not hit their loyal customers with 100 pct plus increase for a lesser product overall inc broadband and tv.

Baldrick1
Hero

Gosh you have an interesting way of interpreting statistics. Now if over two hundred had said they were cancelling the service and less then two hundred said that they were staying I agree that you would have a point. The fact that four hundred plus have read your post, shrugged their shoulders and moved on proves absolutely nothing. 

A fair proportion are probably like me, not interested in watching sport and wouldn't dream of voluntarily paying for the privelege.

BERTJ
Rising Star

You have your views l have mine.

DaveCW
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I didn't take sports mainly because they don't show EFL Matches, and I wasn't over impressed with the other sports output. is it worth a £10er..... No, If it had EFL games..... maybe!!!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 49

@BERTJ why do you assume that the number of views is Plusnet customers only ? This forum is open to the public.
I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Only just seen this thread; I'll be keeping it for now as I have a £2.50 discount -but come next June it''ll be going UNLESS I can renew with another discount on the £10pm - only have it for Rugby Premiership and some cricket like Big Bash League

robbieglover2k
Grafter

I'm still debating it to be honest, I have a LOT of services with Plusnet (pretty much everything I've changed to and supported them with) and this £10 increase has affected me which I called Plusnet recently if they could do me a deal due to a previous conversation and the guy went to his manager guy who just said no (I need to wait to hear back from someone else to be honest), when the guy came back to tell me his manager said "No" I could tell he felt really bad about it as he said himself this isn't fair but it's not his fault which I assured him cause I really don't want anyone to feel that way.

I do still want my BT Sport but I also have pretty much every other service they provide so I'm already paying for a LOT to Plusnet so this double price hike for my BT Sport has stung me a little bit too, specially considering we don't even have access to the Box Office channel which we need.

I also switched my phone provider from O2 to Plusnet simply to support them, O2 were fantastic and I had no reason to change however I did because I wanted to support Plusnet and they have been giving me a great service.

This is what I currently have from Plusnet

• Broadband Package
• Full TV Package
• TV Package HD
• TV Package Kids
• TV Package Sport
• Plusnet Mobile (myself)
• Plusnet mobile (for my mum)

I've also got a few friends and my sister on to the Plusnet broadband with my sister also on the TV, broadband and mobile and a few friends have also got the broadband and TV package through me as well as the additional mobile package which I pay for for my mum.

For the guy to just say "No" I felt was pretty bad considering all of the above that they wouldn't give me nothing, I could easily go into the TV part and turn everything off (which I said I still won't despite this and the price hike as I already know many have cancelled) so the fact the guy refused was not only surprising (I don't ask for much) but I felt it was pretty bad considering it's not what Plusnet are about and they're usually pretty good and grateful to their customers which I didn't feel at all.

I'm not saying I'm entitled to it by any means (not at all!) however if they don't give me a little something considering all of the above I do find it a little unfair and I'm slowly but surely losing my appreciation for Plusnet as I've also recently had other situations where they've been annoying customers I've referred and got onto the services who are getting at me now because they switched services due to my recommendation (which I massively praised Plusnet and told them how great they were).

Will just have to see but if they don't do a little something for me I am going to feel very disappointed more than anything, I'm losing faith in them a little to be honest and starting to feel a little less appreciated.

They have been absolutely fantastic previously and I've had nothing but high praise for them (hence getting all their services and recommending so many people to it too, some which never even used my referral) but lately they've been starting to let me down a lot and it's quite heartbreaking Sad 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hello @robbieglover2k I am sorry for the recent price increase for our BT Sports App add-on.

With the recent changes to BT Sports price subscriptions and recent market changes, Plusnet will be increasing the price of the add-on, we communicated this across to all our customer's to alert them of the changes.

Whilst we do appreciate that you have numerous products with ourselves and that you have recommended other people to our products, the decision has been made on the BT Sports App price increase, the price is still highly competitive across the market and as this is an add-on feature you can choose to remove this at anytime.

Kind regards.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Wakas Hussain
 Plusnet Help Team
robbieglover2k
Grafter

I know all this, I don't think it's fair when Plusnet have always advertised and been loyal to their word about customer loyalty, appreciation and giving back.

I have all those services, still keeping my BT Sport at the moment (out of many who have cancelled) and you still can't give me a little anything back so I am considering shutting a load of them off to be honest due to this.

I support you because you've always been great in the past, as well as getting other people on to your service too (not just broadband but many with additional services on top) and when you have a double price increase on something and I ask if there's any discounts or any loyalty things you can give me considering this (and considering many are switching off without hesitation) it would have been nice for you to give me a little something as a thank you.

But you haven't and you won't and to be honest, it's pretty bad, plus the fact I've also had some issue's such as the Wi-Fi won't even reach outside of the one room it's in (I've had numerous calls, done the split etc.. but it's still the same), friends of mine also in the same area have been getting at me a little over theirs been bad too simply because I recommended you to them where they switched from previous providers due to me telling them how good you were.

It feels like you're slipping really bad lately when previously you did always give loyalty discounts and appreciation to your customers, something I'm getting nothing of at the moment.

I'm not saying I'm entitled to it by any means but it's shocking the fact you won't considering I have all of the above and I have literally got you loads of custom on the Plusnet platform. 

I don't feel appreciated at all, something I always did previously and actions speak louder than words.