Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls anyone prepared to pay the £10pm for BT Sports

BERTJ
Rising Star

ls anyone prepared to pay the £10pm for BT Sports

My question is .

ls there anyone who is happy and prepared to pay £10pm and continue with bt sports from 17th September?

l sense more are cancelling than supporting the increase.

l posted as below last friday but no response from PN to my suggestion and question.

Reading all the threads it shows PN are loosing a vast amount of their BT sport loyals customers including myself due to the crazy increase on bt sports.

They are currently loosing customers fasters than gaining them all down to a bad decision to increase the Bt sports to £10 pm it is not to late for PN to reverse this decision it takes a company who cares to be able to admit they got it wrong.

ln the current situation PN have with their bill system problems which must be loosing them valuable income combined with this wrongly timed 100 pct increase in bt sports .

ls it time PN re-thought this incredible increase on bt sports and regain customer trust?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.
32 REPLIES 32
rkaur
Grafter

Re: ls anyone prepared to pay the £10pm for BT Sports

I'm not happy with the price increase. But as a football fan one of the few who will probably stick with the service. Having looked at other options this is still the cheapest for me. nevertheless will reconsider my options at a further time and see what Plusnet can do for my contract pricing after the price of BT Sports increases in September

BERTJ
Rising Star

Premiership games are free if you have plus net tv £5pm bt sports lite .
ok you have to pay for the box and delivery around £57 but box can be used
when your out of contract expires if you get the youview plus box you will be able to record free view stations without a contract.
Baldrick1
Hero
Fixes: 87

How do you know that they are losing valuable income? By doubling the price they need to lose 50% of their subscribers before they are out of pocket.

BERTJ
Rising Star

My post said that they are loosing valuable income from their billing problems as some customers have not had bills  back to September last year and after so no income from these customers and PN have said that when billing is fixed customers who have been involved with be charged last 90 days only.

Regarding BT Sports it depends on how many customers are willing to pay the increase hence my quesion in my post.

Baldrick1
Hero

I'm obviously reading your post in a different way. To my simple mind you were suggesting that Plusnet are losing income because of billing problems and doubling the price of the sports service. My response is that the tipping point between Plusnet increasing or losing income from the increase in price of sports is whether or not the increase results in the loss of 50% of sports subscribers. I very much doubt that they will lose anything like that number of subscribers and I have no doubt that Plusnet have taken the same view.

BERTJ
Rising Star

Really what PN lose or gain from the increase is their business they will lose the trust of many customers who feel they do not wish to pay 100 pct increase perhaps if they had staged the increase over alonger period they may have received more appreciation from customers.

Lets be practical we will never find out if PN win or lose from their increase.

Baldrick1
Hero

I'm sorry to be so argumentative over this but I suspect that a big price hike followed by price stability is the better approach for a company. Yes they get a lot of disgruntled customers at the time of the hike and no doubt the loss of some customers but then it settles down. However a drip drip of constant price increases would cause ongoing poor publicity.

From my perspective I don't watch sport and am unhappy if I have to pay more to subsidise this service.

BERTJ
Rising Star

Everyone has their right to expressing their views.

So perhaps we can now get back to the main topic who is happy to continue with bt sports at £10pm as my original post.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 7

I'll still be a subscriber after the price rise.  I had a quick look around last week at what others are charging for similar, and it still seems like it will be well priced.

Something you haven't taken into account on your numerous posts about it is what it is costing (and what it will cost in the near future if there is a price rise involved) for Plusnet to supply that package.  It may not be viable for Plusnet to continue at the lower price points that it has.  I don't know the commercials of it and I'd be very surprised if Plusnet would share that kind of commercially sensitive detail with us.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yeah I pretty much agree @pjmarsh 

PlusNet won't go into why and the wholesale cost to them on thier public forums as it is commerically sensitive information.

I only wanted to watch BT Sport once recently, and for the £10 it was easier for me to watch it at my local (3 min walk) and at least I got to watch it and my £10 paid for a couple of drinks for myself. Grin

Better value for money in my book Tongue

tolmie35
Grafter

Im assuming this only affects people out of contract?

Cheers

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 28

Hi @tolmie35

The price changes to BT Sport is effective for any customer as of 17th September, your broadband and phone contract will remain unaffected by the increase as this is a 30 day rolling subscription product. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Warwick
 Plusnet Help Team
tolmie35
Grafter

Hold on, i signed up for BB, TV etc all at the same time , this was a fixed price contract. 

tolmie35
Grafter

Hi there, I phoned and spoke to one of your colleagues who explained that this is a separate contract to BB etc, if you know who he was can you kindly say thanks as he was very helpful.

Cheers guys.