Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bt sport via sky

FIXED
jim123

bt sport via sky

theoretical question

bt sport via sky has a 1 month minimum term which starts from my next billing date. So if i add bt sports on 15th Feb and my billing date is on 1st march then i would have to wait until 1st April to cancel it.

That is fine but in that case i would have paid for bt sport until 15th April ( 2 months of payments ). Does that mean i can watch it until 15th April or does it stop on 1st April even though the following two weeks have effectively been paid for?

thanks !

20 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 114

Re: bt sport via sky

Fix
If BT sport is activated before your billing date you'll be charged pro rata for that period. In this case 15th Feb to 1st March.

When your billing date comes around you'll be charged for the month in advance as well, in this case the 1st March to 1st April.

Any cancellation to the service will be processed on the next billing date.
I'm joining the Plusnet Help Team as of May. As such, I now have a new forum account. Please direct any queries to @Gandalf. Thanks

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Support
jim123

perfect, exactly the info I was after.

Many thanks

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

No problems, if there's anything else I can help with just let me know,

I'm joining the Plusnet Help Team as of May. As such, I now have a new forum account. Please direct any queries to @Gandalf. Thanks

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Support
jim123

actually Anoush there is.

I have now placed the order for my father on his account but upon completion it said

You’ll need a new Sky viewing card to start watching your new channels. We’ll order one for you and send an email to confirm when it’s in the post.

However i supplied the current viewing card number in the order so can you help explain why he would need a new card?

I can provide the account name if required.

Many thanks

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Drop me a private message with his account username and I'll take a look. Smiley

@jim123 - Thanks for your PM, if they've already a viewing card then they wouldn't need a new one. Apologies for the notification you received regarding getting a new card.

I've gone a step further for you and passed your account to my one of my colleagues to activate BT sport. They should be able to watch the channels within a few minutes.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Support
jim123

brilliant, thank you so much for your help!!

kind regards

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

No problems Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Support
Roba19

Hi just a query re. BT Sport via Sky.

I switched fibre broadband and landline yesterday to PlusNet from BT. I'm having Sky installed tomorrow. Should I wait until I've got my Sky viewing card before ordering BT Sport thru PlusNet or just order today? - I've read about previous delays in setting BT Sport up & want to have it in time for Moto GP this weekend!

Many thanks 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 109

We need your Sky viewing card number as part of the sign up so you'd have to wait I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I have also registered for BT Sport on Sky and I already have a viewing card that I have entered into the request
However it says I have to wait until the 27th which is after the motogp because they are waiting for a viewing card to be sent when clearly I do not need one
Can someone sort this out for good and amend the plusnet process to avoid unneedes hassle please?
I tried calling but there is over 15' queue
Thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm just getting this done for you now.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Support
TheDeuce
Dabbler

sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but I also got the new card notification when I don't need one, could you please look into this for me, thanks. 

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Support
TheDeuce
Dabbler

I'd be eternal grateful if you could do it today Smiley motogp is about to start Smiley