Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio sync issues when casting from BT Sport app to Chromecast

fatwelshbuddha

audio sync issues when casting from BT Sport app to Chromecast

hi

1st post here so be gentle!  

I've just bought a new TV with built in Chromecast and when casting from the BT Sport app on my iOS tablet, I get a big lag between audio and picture - the audio can be up to 2 secs behind action.   I can find no way of sorting this out - any help out there?   would I be better switching to getting BT Sport via my satellite feed to avoid sync issues?Huh

6 REPLIES 6
Community Veteran
Fixes: 43

Re: audio sync issues when casting from BT Sport app to Chromecast

I don't think the issue is with the provider @fatwelshbuddha as I assume from what you have said that the audio is in sync when not being cast. If this is the case then the issue lies between the sender (Tablet) and receiver (TV). However, if there is a lag when viewed normally then this may need looking at by Plusnet.

fatwelshbuddha

sync is fine when viewing BT Sport on the tablet - only becomes an issue with the casting.  have searched Google for any insight into if it's a chromecast problem, but can't find anything relevant.  wondering now whether it's a TV issue - need to look at that now.  

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 714

Hi there.

If you haven't already it may be worth splitting the 2.4GHZ and 5GHz frequencies apart.

A guide to do this can be found below.

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Advanced Settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is on the card or the back of the router
5. Click on 'Continue to Advanced Settings'
6. Click on 'Wireless'
7. Click on '5 Ghz Wireless'
8. Make sure 'Sync to 2.4 Ghz' is set to 'No'
9. Change the 'Wireless SSID' to something different
10. Click 'Apply'

Let us know how it goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
fatwelshbuddha

an interesting suggestion thanks.

I'm trying something else currently so will park that idea for the moment.

The TV audio is through a soundbar using the ARC HDMI setup - I noticed that sound may have been coming through another HDMI channel in the setup (TV is very new so still understanding it) so have amended this so it comes through the ARC channel and on an initial test, the sync problem seems to be resolved although it has only really been noticeable on a long transmission like a rugby match.   let's see how that goes and if still no joy, I'll try your suggestion

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 714

No worries.

Keep us posted!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
beelzebomb

Exactly the same problem. Casting BT Sport app from iPad to Sony TV with built in Chromecast and slowly, the sound creeps ahead of the picture. Every. Damn. Time. Great for watching football of course, when a goal is cheered up to 2 secs before the goal is scored. BT Sport blame a “poor wi-fi signal” and when questioned over that (my signal is not poor) - they then stop replying and ignore you. So what can you do when everyone involved just blames another party?