cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview without Internet Connection

yfront
Dabbler

Youview without Internet Connection

Away in our caravan. As the evenings are still dark and having lots of recordings to catch up with, we've taken our Youview box with us,
but surprised that recordings made via the internet aren't available, terrestrial ones are.
Even worse, I'm unable to get into settings to re-tune to the local transmitter. Attempting to get into settings leaves me with a permanent loading message on the screen, switching off and on is the only way to get away from the loading screen.
Is this normal behavior, or is my Youview box throwing a tantrum for being away from home?
Anyone tried their Youview  box without an internet connection?
Fred 
3 REPLIES
poppy123
Dabbler

Re: Youview without Internet Connection

..... sorry removed
craigknighton
Grafter

I would guess that the box needs to query the server, in order to verify that you have the right to view the content.
Community Veteran

I believe Internet (IPTV) channels are added to your line at your local exchange and don't come across the PN network they only share your connection from the exchange to the house. the IPTV also need to be initiated on your line. I guess if your box does not have access to check the local connection it may have stopped.  We have also found at home if the next is down then IPTV channels are not watchable.
podman