Youview update

My youview has just had latest update and it is rubbish anyway I can downgrade
17 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 109

Re: Youview update

Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately it's not possible to downgrade I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Airalan1

I'm not very happy either. I used to be able to watch a recording of a rugby match, fast forward until the score changed, go back a bit and watch the score happen. Now the little box showing the score is hidden when I fast forward. Problem easily solved if either the big black Youview progress bar or the little box showing the score is moved to the top of the screen

Viscountfan

Couldn't agree more with the previous comments, and they have the gall to call it a 'shiny new service'.  Accessing recorded programmes is now much more difficult.  As I've already recorded the programme, why would I need an image of the content rather than just the name?  The previous interface was so much more user friendly.  Also, there is no option to sort in alphabetical order, and the indication of which recording has been selected is, for those who like me have a degree of colour blindness, so much more difficult.   How can this possibly be an improvement?  Why can't we opt for a 'downgrade' to the previous standard?  Appalling customer service!!!

sazaleski

Please change this update, it is terrible! 

I am shouting in uppercase because it is very annoying!

It wasn't broken, so why fix it

HuhHuhHuhHuh

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) All caps post edited as per Forum rules

devoniang4

I have just registered to find out how this 'upgrade' is being received by users/Plusnet customers.
I have to agree, the new interface is quite apalling and is worse in so many respects to the previous standard interface.  Where's the preview box at top right so I can watch a bit of the channel whist using the guide.

It now looks like a Windows 8/Windows10 tablet PC interface - why do you think Microsoft now give the option to revert to 'Desktop' - simple, most people didn't like the 'shiny new interface'.
At least Microsoft sort of admit they got it wrong and gve an option now.

Please Plusnet, listen to your customers and at least offer the ability to have the old standard interface, which was so simple to navigate (less confusing clutter than the new 'shiny' one).

It's not often I complain but this has really irked me.

nigelbowers

Just one comment for Plusnet.... WHY?

I have to agree with the reasons given by others as to why this 'upgrade' is absolute rubbish!  Did Plusnet seek the opinion of their paying customers before forcing this unwanted upgrade on them? The interface is now so cluttered it is difficult to find recordings. The old interface showed how many recordings were in each folder but this is missing from the new interface. As mentioned by another disgruntled customer, why do we need to see a picture of what we have recorded thus cluttering up the screen.

At least when I had the same service from BT they didn't force stupid unwanted upgrades on their customers.

Plusnet really need to take note of these comments and realise that they have very much annoyed their paying customers who may think of looking elsewhere when their minimum contract is up for renewal.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

@nigelbowers - The clue is in the title. Youview update, it has nothing to do with Plusnet, they simply provided the Youview compatible hardware.

nigelbowers

Plusnet can have control over the updates. The standard box is flashed with Plusnet specific firmware much the same as the BT box is flashed with BT specific firmware. My BT Youview box has not been updated and searching other community forums it doesn't look like they are going to receive a similar update. So, Mook, I have to say that you are incorrect in your reply.

beeceegee
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well this morning I had an enthusiastic email from PN:

Your automatic update is all done and dusted. Which means your YouView box now has a shiny new look. You should have an even better viewing experience, find it simpler to navigate between channels – and even easier to find the stuff you love. We hope you like it.

In trepidation I turned on the box - no update, hurrah Shocked I am also using a BT box bought off ebay

nigelbowers

So long as you don't want to view any Plusnet subscriptions I would suggest keeping the BT box as I have also done, so that you can keep the user friendly 'old' interface.

JayG
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Not sufficiently well versed on the subject to be 100% sure that @Mook is correct, but I can tell you that a friend of mine has a 'BT' Youview box (used for Freeview/on demand only, although she is a PlusNet customer.)

Her box auto-updated about a week ago to the new firmware (oh, and she hates it too!)

devoniang4

It seems youview are the real culprits...(scroll to bottom)

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions

Let youview know your feelings here...

https://support.youview.com/contact-us

Justme
Dabbler

It would be nice to see a formal Plusnet response to this dire update. What is being done on behalf of paying customers to urge YouView to get its finger out and resolve matters quickly - preferably nailing them to a time - which thus far they have been quite vague about?

tonyohall

I think this should be called a downgrade. Showing pictures of recorded programs is a nonsense and is must harder to read than a simple list.