cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview plus box

Fuzzybee
Dabbler

Youview plus box

Just joined plusnet tv and took delivery of my Youview plus box yesterday, not sure if mine is faulty but when I reset it on the back its fine. Then if I power it down normally then back on all the channels go funny with sound dropouts and glitching. It is so bad I have put it back in its box, I am now using my Humax box which works perfectly.
I have the Youview tv package plus HD and Kids, has anybody else had problems with the Youview Plus box plusnet provide, should I return it for an exchange, as I said my own Humax T2000 box works perfectly with all the channels including the Internet ones.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Youview plus box

Just for clarity, is that ALL channels, all Freeview channels or all Internet channels?
No reason why the PN YV+ box shouldn't be as good as your Humax T2000 - if only Freeview then is could be a signal strength issue with your Ariel (less sensitive tuner) otherwise I'd agree it's likely a faulty box.
Mine's been pretty much perfect from day one.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Fuzzybee
Dabbler

It is all channels, once I reset it on the back all is fine, then when the box is turned off via the remote then back on, all the channels flicker on and off with sound dropouts.
Fixes: 101

sounds like a faulty box.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Fuzzybee
Dabbler

Tried my Plusnet box again yesterday, did exactly the same everything if fine if I reset it in the back all channels work including the Internet channels. Once I turn the box off then on again every channel flickers on and off with sound dropouts, every channel is the same. I have connected my old Humax box and everything works perfectly, what is my best course of action, can someone from plusnet please advise.