Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview + box won't boot

FIXED
Miserable
Grafter

Youview + box won't boot

Hi all back again !

Please don't run away.  Had to downpower the yv box earlier as changed tv.... not our choice.

Switched it back on but it spent 15min saying waking up or loading.  

Went into maintenance mode and tried to do a stage 1 reset (recommended) no different,  just sits there between waking up and loading.  2 hours later. ... i tried a full blown wipe the lot,  reset everything mode 4.

The box still won't load,  it has spent  an hour telling me that smart mode will wake it up quicker,  then reboots and starts again. 

Any ideas before i show it what a reboot with a size 10 feels like?

Many  thanks in anticipation

15 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Re: Youview + box won't boot

Hi @Miserable 

Sorry to hear this!

I've checked your account and it shows that your TV account status is currently showing as ACTIVE.

Now, I'm admittedly unsure if it would should this WHILST it is going through a reboot/set up cycle. 

Can you confirm if anything has changed since you posted this last night? 

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alisdair C
 Plusnet Help Team
Miserable
Grafter

That is really strange as I switched the box off this morning after trying another reset including the internet (I forget the option from maintenance menu).
It seemed to be getting hot but I was in a rush to get to work so thought it safer to not have it catch fire!

Thanks
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 10

Hi @Miserable. That doesn't sound too good. Can you let us know how you get on once you've switched it back on? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Miserable
Grafter

I switched the box back on and it cycles from Waking up, Use smart mode ....., Loading to Black screen then starts again.

Mind you it's more entertaining than the actual TV ATM.

Switched it off, entered maintenance mode did the reset with internet/ delete recordings and watched it.  Downloaded,  progressed, clicked, went black then cycles from Waking up, Use smart mode ....., Loading to Black screen then starts again

Help! 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 19

Hi Miserable,

Thanks for letting us know.

It's likely that this may need to be replaced - let me have a chat with a colleague and I'll come back to you tomorrow when I've confirmed some details.

Best wishes,

Dave

Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
Miserable
Grafter

Many thanks. 

Just fyi it's still doing it! 

Switching it off now. 

Miserable
Grafter

@RandallFlagg any update on this? 

Many thanks. 

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 461

Fix

Sorry to hear you're having problems again

I've discussed this with one of my colleagues in our TV tech team and the next step we think would be to arrange an engineer for further investigation.

Could you reply to this ticket letting us know over here once you've done so? We'll then pick it up and book the appointment in.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Miserable
Grafter

Replied to the question.
Thank you.
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 461

Cheers, the appointment is booked in for Tuesday 3pm to 6pm. Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Amadeus
Grafter

Presumably coincidence but my box died at a similar time with similar symptoms.

Had 3 calls with PlusNet, all rather underwhelming unfortunately.
Miserable
Grafter

The box is working now, thank you. Not very happy with the engineer who attended though. Knocked a vapouriser off the shelf. No damage but my Wife was made to think it was our fault.

I was at work but couldn't get a straight answer on the phone with regards what he had done. Mentioned a stuck upgrade but couldn't answer why the maintenance menu didn't affect a repair. Was there nothing that could have been tried by me before the engineer attended? Other than the maintenance menu that i tried?

I would be interested to see exactly what the engineer wrote.

Any way all working now.  Beginning to wonder if it's all worth the hassle,  especially when there's nothing on the tv anyway.  That's not PNs fault though. 

Any way thanks for your help.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 33

Hi @Miserable,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm glad that your Youview box is working again now, but it's disappointing to hear of the poor experience that you've had with the engineer visit.

We don't have access to the TV engineer booking team from this side, so we're unable to get the notes from here, however our TV faults team do have access and I can see that you've raised these questions to them on a ticket yesterday. You should receive an update with the notes from the engineer visit and whether there was anything else that could have been tried first within 5 working days of raising the ticket, so by 21/08 at the latest.

Please get back in touch on here if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Miserable
Grafter

Thank you.  He did say something to my wife about it not being chargeable but i would rather know what he did so i can resolve it myself rather than call another engineer. 

I've got a working box now so that's a good result.  Let's hope there are no other issues.