Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box wants to update

JamesE
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Youview box wants to update

My Youview box (delivered 8th January) is coming up with a message to update its software. So far I've refused as I've read comments on other forums that people have had all manner of problems since an update. I'm also a believer in "if it ain't broke then don't fix it".

Comments/advice gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3
stereohaven
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

Re: Youview box wants to update

The latest Plusnet version of the YouView software is 29.45.0 which was released on the 7th February.

Assuming the box did an update when you first plugged it in and connected it to the internet, then the above is just a minor maintenance release to improve performance and shouldn't cause you any issues. It hasn't me.

There was a lot of complaints about a major update last year when the interface changed and some functionality was "lost", but most of it has now returned or been fine tuned and then re-released.

dgilbert2
Rising Star

I've been using 29.45.0 since early February and not had any issues. It's been quite safe for me, seems more of a "maintenance" type update.

I'm surprised your box has not automatically updated to this version overnight.

JamesE
Rising Star

Indeed, it has done itself at some point - it says "last check for update 19th Feb." and it is 29.45.0. I'm not sure that it would do it itself overnight as I have it in "deep standby" and only to "wake" from 18:00 to 23:00. Thanks to both responders for easing my mind.