Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box ownership

FIXED
Highlighted

Youview box ownership

Hi there,

Considering moving to Plusnet fibre and maybe taking their TV package. I'm trying to find out if the Youview Box remains owned by Plusnet and has to be returned at the end of the contract or if it becomes the customers? Can't find anything in their terms on this. If they want the box back, seems quite expensive compared to buying the box outright - if they don't, it's probably worth the extra money for a few extra channels!

Thanks for any info!
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Youview box ownership

Fix

As I understand it, the box becomes your property at the end of contract. Baring in mind we paid £57.99 up front fat the start of the contract for the Youview+ box it would be a bit mean of them to take it back. 

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 911

Thanks for your interest @Snooze and welcome to our community forums. 

I can confirm that when you take out a contract with us for YouView and we supply you with a set top box, it's yours to keep at the end of the minimum term.

Let us know if you've got any further queries. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted

Thanks both. I thought it was probably the case, but thank you for confirming Smiley
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 911

No problem, let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team