cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box - no settings option that I can find

FIXED
Lifeformz

Youview box - no settings option that I can find

I have a youview+ box. For some reason I can't find settings. As far as I know it should be on the blue house/home button, and in the left to right options. It's not there, and I don't know how to view the settings any other way. I've been using a 1 for all remote, and figured it was a missing button, but having found what I think is either a copy or the original remote, and doing a google on a manual that I believe is my box, it's not there under home. I do have Search Icon, Guide, Apps, MyTV, TVShows, Films, Sport. And that is it.

I was paying for the TV, but a couple months ago dropped them when I had the email to say they were discontinued. Did my box somehow disable itself, or does the box stop working or allowing access to settings.

I can view the guide, see information, access online catch ups, record, view recordings, but simply cannot find the settings.

I wondered about a reset, but manual says you need to go to settings to do that.

Anything I can do to fix the missing settings?

3 REPLIES 3
Lifeformz

Re: Youview box - no settings option that I can find

I have managed to soft reset it to factory settings keeping my recordings. Finally found out how to reset it without settings option.

However it doesn't solve the missing settings option. Is this disabled by plusnet since I cancelled the service? I find it very odd that only that would be missing, and nothing else in regards to the menu options.

djcjuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Fix

Settings is know at top right of the screen next to the ? Icon when you show the guide, not at the bottom it changed with one of system updates.

Lifeformz

omg. Thank you so much! I can't believe I've not noticed that before. To be fair, my TV usage has dropped, and I've never looked up there before. What a daft place for it.

It's also there on the info screen (pressing ok/middle button) as well.

I wonder when that happened, and how I've never found it before. I always just assumed it was a menu key that my 1 for all was missing. Thank you!