cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview box failed how long should I expect to wait for a solution?

Highlighted
Grafter

Youview box failed how long should I expect to wait for a solution?

I wonder if there is any way to expedite a solution to this please?

Youview box failed on Sunday 12th April, I contacted CS same day and asked about getting a replacement box sent out. I was told that there would be a charge of £57.50 to get a replacement sent even though I am still under contract.

I said I would get back to them once I had considered what I wanted to do as my contract ends in July.

Decided to proceed with replacement so called back next day to be told that box would be replaced FOC if it was a genuine failure as I was still under contract - however I was now told that they will not send a replacement box out but I would need an engineer visit - they would arrange things.

Heard nothing for a few days so called back on Thursday 16th and was told that everything was progressing and I would hear from them soon. Sure enough I got an email that evening with an engineer booked for the following Thursday 23rd with a visit slot between 7.00 and 9.00 am.

Come Thursday I get a call from the engineer at about 08-30 saying 'I don't know why they have allocated this job to me, I am two hours away from you in North Wales - there is no way I can get to you' - he suggested I ring CS to rearrange an engineers visit.

I tried ringing CS after opening at 9,00 am but got a message to say that due to high call volumes they were not taking calls and the line went dead.

I decided therefore to update the original question raised on my online account which I did at 09.30 yesterday morning and so far no further information from Plusnet.

I appreciate the problems we are all facing in the current situation but some form of on-going communication to keep me updated would be appreciated.

Can anyone suggest a method of expediting this please?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Rising Star

Re: Youview box failed how long should I expect to wait for a solution?

Why plusnet cannot give their customer a service on youview box is beyond belief. 

If the box is in contract and is faulty plusnet should arrange a replacement or provide a box to use whilst their customers box is returned to on for repair.

How can pn charge for a service they cannot provide.

Come on plusnet help your customer just do not ignore.

Highlighted
Grafter

Just to update this, I now have a working Plusnet TV box but it did take over 4 weeks to resolve.

I won't go into all the details but the first thing I suggested when the box failed was that Plusnet just send me a replacement box to fit so that I could then return the faulty one to them. I was repeatedly told all along that the only way to get a replacement box was via an engineer visit but for over three weeks Plusnet were unable to set up an appointment for an engineer to call.

All this changed last Sunday when a Plusnet agent called me and told me that an engineer visit was absolutely not required and that he would send out a replacement unit which arrived on Tuesday. So, all in all very frustrating but I am happy with the eventual resolution of the problem and I have been given a discount to compensate for lack of service.

I will put this experience down to unusual circumstances caused by CV19 but it did seem for a long time like I was getting nowhere fast

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1

Hi rubble3,

Thank you for your message, and I am very sorry to note the inconvenience.

To ensure we learn from your experience, suitable high-level feedback has been provided.

On behalf of Plusnet, I am grateful for the opportunity to review and improve our services.

Thank you also BERTJ for your input.

Best Wishes

- Ken

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team