Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview+ box - cannot view recordings after move from Plusnet

tonysimper
Hooked

Youview+ box - cannot view recordings after move from Plusnet

Hi all,

I recently moved from Plusnet to VM, so my Youview+ box is not connected at all apart from HDMI to the TV.

I assumed that old recordings would still be viewable but even though the TV senses the box is turned on, I get a blank screen with nothing at all. Switching it off shows the HDMI is sensing its presence (or lack of).

Did i assume wrongly, and the box is now a brick, or am I missing a trick to get it usable after the switch ? I haven't yet done a hard reboot (power off/on) so maybe that's it ? (not at home to try right now).

thanks, Tony

5 REPLIES 5
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 47

Re: Youview+ box - cannot view recordings after move from Plusnet

Hi @tonysimper,

Whilst the YouView box would still be able to access Freeview channels, you wouldn't be able to access any channels that are included in a channel subscription pack. Although the recordings are saved to the device itself, they still go via an authentication check when you try to access them. I'm afraid that this means any recordings from channels that require a subscription pack to access, will not be available.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
tonysimper
Hooked

Hi, and thanks for the reply.
Thing is, I have terrestrial recordings as well as BT SPort, etc, and I can't see anything at all on screen - it's just blank.
I'll try a reboot tonight and see if it changes.
Thanks, Tony
Marksfish
Pro
Fixes: 4

Is it not like a Sky box? Any recordings made on that are null and void once you leave, even if they are FTA channels as well.

tonysimper
Hooked

Hiya, it's sorted - I simply detached the 2x coax (in and out) and I got full display on the tv, obviously without any You view channels etc, but all my recordings are visible and play fine. Haven't tried any non-terrestrial but the ones we're interested in are good.
Thanks for the inputs.
Tony
Plusnet Alumni (retired) Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

That's great @tonysimper

Thanks for lettings us know.