Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview+ box - USB port and WiFi connectivity

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Re: Youview+ box - USB port and WiFi connectivity

@PeterLoftus wrote:
You do realise that the Sky box works as a freesat from Sky box when you cancel your Sky subscription. I've kept mine for local TV programmes because my Freesat feed is from a distant transmitter rather than the local repeater  Smiley
Also I can get welsh rugby as well

How do you manage to use it with a distant transmitter.....?

HairyMcbiker
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

OLD thread but how he managed it was on satellite (free or sky) you get all the terrestrial TV channels, so for instance you watch STV or S4 anywhere in the UK. You can also watch regional BBC channels.
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 82

On Freesat, just enter any postcode in the region you want to be your local area. Freesat has no idea where you are so the postcode is used to select which ITV/BBC/Channel4 is your "local" one. So if you live in Kent but want the Welsh TV channels as your local ones, just use a Welsh postcode.

All the feeds come from the same satellite and all the BBC areas are also listed in the 900 number range on the Freesat guide so you can look at the there too.

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Thank you, I will give that a try.....Thumbs_Up

thompson9100

Well, I've just got YV from PlusNet and after having loads of trouble on the beta trial with powerline, I was worried I'd not get this working via wifi.  I'm pleased to say I have, and here's how:

TP-Link TL-WA890EA in the lounge with YV box and others connected.  Purchased a TP-Link VR900 V2, enabled IPTV in the settings (just enable, and leave everything else as-is, then SAVE!) and once I got the TL-WA890EA to connect (it took ages for some strange reason) it works like a charm!

I think the trick is that the VR900 V2 (and others) see the IP address of the devices on the TL-WA890EA.  When I viewed my network map on my BT HH5 it never showed the items connected through it.  I now see the devices connected, but only as "unkown" - no device names.  There may be other wireless bridges that will do this, but it will be trial and error, as unfortunately the TL-WA890EA is now very hard to get hold of.

Hope this helps.