cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview TV service still not active

Treeish
Hooked

Youview TV service still not active

I moved house last week and my broadband service went live on the Thursday which is all fine, but I ordered the TV service at the same time which has still not went live.

I've received my youview box (and another for some reason), which is all plugged in and ready to go, and have waited the usual 24hrs after three separate enquiries now, but still no entertainment pack or BT Sport. When I go to BT Sport it gives error code BTP-20000.

Is there anything more I can/need to do from my end?
18 REPLIES 18
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 25

Re: Youview TV service still not active

Try & make contact with PN via CHAT link below.
CHAT needs browser POP UP blocker to be turned off {for P Net URL's} for it to function.

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,148

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see your YouView service isn't working. We've checked what we can and everything looks to be provisioned correctly, but the system isn't seeing your set top box for some reason, so I've raised a task with our database analyst team to ensure that the service is provisioned as it should be on the back-end database.

We'll update you when we know more, which should be within the next few days. In the meantime, can you try a factory reset via the maintenance mode menu letting us know how it goes?

The steps here should be able to guide you through doing this: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48051/~/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box%3F

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Treeish, we believe we've fixed this now. Can you confirm that your YouView channels are now working?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Treeish
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried the factory reset and still nothing unfortunately.

Might be a long shot, but for some reason when I first started chasing this up, my tv service was cancelled and then restarted, and I was sent another youview box in the post, is it worth giving that box a try (I haven't opened it yet)?

Andy

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 64

Hi @Treeish, thanks for your post.

I'd 100% recommend trying the new set top box, as it's very possible that everything has been set up to work with the newer one.

If it doesn't work please let us know. We'll then raise a task with our Network Operations Team for further investigation.

Treeish
Hooked

Hi Owen,

I tried the other box as suggested, and while it shows 75 subscription channels in the settings, I still can't view the entertainment pack or BT Sport.

I've left it plugged in for a few days now, tried retuning channels but still nothing. Any more suggestions at all?
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry that you're still having issues viewing your channels.

Are you connecting to the router via powerline adapters or using an ethernet cable?

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Treeish
Hooked

I'm connecting through powerline adaptors. I'm able to watch iPlayer/Netflix etc.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Hi @Treeish,

Thank you for confirming that you're connected via powerline adapters and that the players are working. So that we can determine the next best step to try, please can you confirm whether you're still seeing the BTP-20000 error code when you're trying to access these channels? If not, please let us know if you're seeing a different code or no code.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Treeish
Hooked

Hi Emily,
Error code is still showing BTP-20000
Treeish
Hooked

I've managed to find an ethernet cable long enough to run from the youview box directly to the router, but it's still not showing the channels, and with the same BTP-20000 error code.

Tried iPlayer as well to be sure and that's working fine.
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for trying that.

I've raised this back through to our engineers for further investigation.

We'll update you when we know more, which may likely be next week.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Treeish
Hooked

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for that.

Don't know if it's relevant or helpful in finding the fault, but I finally plugged in my landline phone last night, only to get no dial tone and the message 'line cord error'. I went through the phone troubleshooter and did a line check, only to get the page saying there was an error. It does look like it's raised a ticket though, and looks like there's a problem at the exchange:

Fault details
--------------
Fault location: FU
Diagnosis code: T041
Description: FAULT - Dis in exchange

External fault reason
---------------------
Reason: FAIL

Not sure if this would/could affect the TV service, but worth mentioning I suppose!

Andy
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 53

Hello @Treeish,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry to see you are also experiencing a fault on your phone services.

Unfortunately the issue you are experiencing with Youview will not be caused by the fault and both will be investigated by the correct teams.

We will keep you updated via the account.

SammyM - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team