cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youview G4 and Surround Sound

FreddieFlint
Grafter

Youview G4 and Surround Sound

Any ideas on a good configuration?? I have a Panny 42" (AS500 I think) a Yamaha HTR-3065 and the PN Youview+ box, after a few (many) hours of trying I can get the G4 to turn on itself, the TV and the amp but it won't play sound unless I turn off the HDMI CEC on the amp!!!
Just for the record the G4 works as well as I thought it would/should Smiley Smiley
Many thanks for any suggestions
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Youview G4 and Surround Sound

Just googled 'Yamaha HTR-3065 hdmi issues'...and shed loads of results. I know there is an issue with the Youview buttons not working on all Panasonic TV's properly ( even trying all the codes it won't switch mine on or off - but the volume control works ok).
There is one answer here that may help you, or at least eliminate some possible causes.  http://www.fixya.com/support/t15156524-htr_3065_yamaha_receiver_tv_hooked_up

Good luck.
jjc
Grafter

to get the Panasonic to work ignore the instruction 4 and jump to 5 code is 3846 Panasonics are a bit strange to switch on and as you have to hold the power button to do this it goes to the wrong code.
Worked for mine  Wink
As for surround sound I have HDMI to the TV and optical from the TV to surround system and it seems to work OK.
John
FreddieFlint
Grafter

Thanks for the help people but I got it sorted in the end, my own fault, all I had to do was go into VieraLink settings and enable the amp ... D'oh ! ! !