cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView software updates

Shetland
Dabbler

YouView software updates

Unfortunately I am unable to receive the extra channels on my new YV box - they will not load. We have been through all the usual remedies but to no avail. The television team say that it is a known problem and I will need to wait until there is a software update (no eta for that).  I forgot to ask whether the updates are applied automatically or should I check for them myself? Please can someone advise?
76 REPLIES
glazzard
Grafter

Re: YouView software updates

You can go to  "settings" and "Device Management" then you'll see an option for software update where you can manually check.
Shetland
Dabbler

Thank you for the information - the YV team went through this and the box is up to date. I have telephoned Humax and they don't do software updates for the box. The lady said that BT do them.
Shetland
Dabbler

Is there a staff member who can help me please?  The YouView team have not been able to sort out the problem with the extra channels.  We have gone through everything that they can think of.   I simply cannot receive any of these additional channels.  Sad    They will not set up and the error code is BTV-437.  I am disappointed and am wondering how long I will have to wait before they will work.  Should I ask PlusNet send a new box  or will I just have to put up with it?  
cdp007

I checked last night and there was a software update available version 22.17.0
Community Veteran
Fixes: 26

You don't say which basics you have already tried. It would be helpful to know which router you are using, has it been reset, and have you done the same to the Youview box?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I received the brand new software update this morning (22.17.0), if you don't already have this version then it looks like it's on its way.
New version gives improved stand-by apparently (it possibly also fixes my existing issue with sound drop-outs on a few internet channels).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

My channels stopped working a couple of days ago, but came back with a new update today - 22.17.0
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
gbear45
Grafter

the new standby options look better. Smiley
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro

Well, eco mode doesn't seem to have changed, though the other option does become out of standby faster than the old - but is probably more power hungry. The smart option is just a timer to switch between the others so why was it not available from the start?
The thing they have not done is turn off HDMI power when the unit is in standby (who wants the TV to show the picture from a powered down box!), so automatic switching does not work properly when the box is connected.
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: w23
I received the brand new software update this morning (22.17.0), i

My retail DTR-1010 received this update on the 18th December last year...  I wonder what the reason for the delay to your PN box is?
biggles001
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have the software update,and tried it in smart mode,but found that my Panasonic TV showed a series of white dashes halfway across the screen,which would not go away when resetting TV preferences.Eventually went back to box on all the time,and the picture is as was in the beginning.Is this a TV problem or a bug which needs sorting (but don't take as long as producing this "update".Incidently,I am connected using Scart,as it's more convenient,with HDMI being used for soundbat,Bluray and Satellite.
Community Veteran

Quote from: pwatson
My retail DTR-1010 received this update on the 18th December last year...  I wonder what the reason for the delay to your PN box is?

I think this was a very slow roll-out by BT, very possibly leaving Plusnet customers until after all BT's own retail customers had been done?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Shetland
Dabbler

Thank you for the replies.  My router is the Plusnet one - it was new in the latter part of 2015 (the one with the pink feet).  The staff have gone through everything including resetting the box, connecting with ethernet.  I have also rebooted the router and the BT Powerline plugs.  They say there is nothing else that they can do.  It is still showing that software is up to date.  The last person to whom I spoke said that he expected the update to be released within a few weeks.  He said the bill would be amended but it hasn't so I will telephone later.  I keep trying to set up the channels but they are still giving the BTV-437 error.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The new version installed on my box with no problems - wakeup time is a lot better than it was and they've finally fixed the audio dropout issue on IP channels.... just in time for Fox HD leaving  Sad