cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView software updates

Highlighted
Hooked

Re: YouView software updates

sounds very promising that does, is everyone elses now working?

Mick

Highlighted

Can confirm, my IP channels are now working. Didn't even need to factory restore!

Highlighted
Hooked

Unfortunately I'm still having issues.  BTV-437 has now gone, as seen by others, but...

I accessed BT Sport 1 - it asked me if i wanted to set up access (I can't recall the exact wording), I said yes and after a few seconds it said it was ready.  However, I'm now getting error IPC6023.

My box has a network connection - confirmed in settings and by the fact I can get services like iPlayer working.

I've tried a soft reset and a full factory reset - no joy.

Going to the "Manage your TV channel packs" page on the Plusnet website shows the following message:

Sorry, your YouView TV from Plusnet service isn't ready yet.

Please come back once you've received your set top box and plugged it in.

2 days into having a YouView box and I already want to throw it out of the window - this was supposed to be a simple to set up, robust solution...

Highlighted
Hooked

OK, follow-up...the second issue was not a Plusnet issue.  I'm not using a Plusnet router - my TP Link TD-W9980 needed a firmware upgrade due to an issue with multicasting on the firmware version I was running.

All up and running fine now, in terms of the box itself. "Manage your TV channel packs" page on the Plusnet website is still showing the same message as above though...

Highlighted
Grafter
Fixes: 1

When I log into 'Manage my Channel Packs' I get the same message too. There's a couple of old threads on this same thing in the forums but no real clue as to the cause. Maybe just a delay between setting the box up and the website updating.

Reads as -

Sorry, your YouView TV from Plusnet service isn't ready yet.

Please come back once you've received your set top box and plugged it in.

Highlighted
Hooked

OK, thanks Paul.  Will check back tomorrow and give them a call if still not resolved, as I want to add something to it Smiley

Cheers

Highlighted
Hooked

Logged in this morning and the page was showing the correct details Thumbs_Up

Highlighted

Hi Harry,

I was told my BT Sport package was activated on Friday and am getting this same error. I was on the phone to the helpline for ages yesterday and went through all the same steps taken by others on this thread but keep getting the BT-437 error. My IP address was reset and it's now been left with an engineer coming out but that seems pointless based on information here. Can you look into this problem again?
Highlighted
Dabbler

Just to add a "me too". I've had the BTV-437 error on all IPTV channels since I had the box on Wednesday. Been through everything with support on Friday (although had already done it all on Wednesday/Thursday after seeing this and other threads) leaving the "send an engineer out" option. I'm just going to wait for now though rather than having to book a day off work unnecessarily.

I'm still getting "Sorry, your YouView TV from Plusnet service isn't ready yet" on the manage channel packs page.

Tags (1)
Highlighted

I am also getting BTV-437 and have been since I got my YouView box a couple of weeks ago. I've done a full reset and no luck. Any help?
Highlighted
Dabbler

@penelopeanthony wrote:
I am also getting BTV-437 and have been since I got my YouView box a couple of weeks ago. I've done a full reset and no luck. Any help?

Does this:

https://www.plus.net/tv/my-channel-packs

Page work for you yet? Today is the first day it has for me so I guess something has just changed, I'll going to try *another* reset when I get home hoping not to still have that error.

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

We got our PN YouView box about 6 weeks ago & we've had no issues with it whatsoever.

Highlighted
Dabbler

Update to the original post - still getting the same error. Tried a soft reset on the instructions of the staff - it didn't help. They could only suggest a hard reset but I have recordings that I don't want to lose.

Highlighted

Got my youview box about 3 weeks ago.

All the channels worked.

Then signed up to full BT Sport, still all OK.

Went to watch Tigers Munster game on Saturday 17/12/2016. Error IPC6007 and BTV-437.

Phoned Saturday 17/12/2016 and 18/12/2006.

Talked through soft restet then hard reset. IPC6007 gone but still BTV-437.

Engineer came today checked everything tried new box still BTV-437.

Escalated

Has anyone been told what the problem actually is?

Highlighted
Grafter

I'm having a similar issue - right over the Christmas period when I actually have time to watch stuff!

Everything working fine with Powerline adapters for months then all subscribed IPTV channels suddenly stopped working with an IPC6007 & BTV-436 error. Turned the YouView box off and on again using the rocker switch but still the same error. Phoned support and went through all the steps to reset the Plusnet One Hub and Youview box to factory settings and to use a hard wired connection. This caused the YouView box to require registering against the IPTV channels again but when trying to do so would receive BTV-437 error instead.

Engineer coming Saturday but I'm suspecting he'll find this to be the service rather than the box as well.