cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouView software updates

andytay
Rising Star

Re: YouView software updates

I was told this Friday? Wont hold my breath!

scottb132

I spoke to a customer service agent about this issue this evening. After a long wait on hold, he came back claiming that he'd been on holiday so had missed all the drama! His consolation was that "it's been known for around a week now, so I can't imagine it'll be too much longer". Take from that what you will... It seems to crazy to me that Plusnet are still accepting TV customers whilst such a fatal issue is known. They're literally selling a service that downright doesn't work!

Paul_Corfield
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Why is it when I visit the Plusnet Service Status page, under TV it shows 'No known issues'? Surely the BTV-437 fault should be listed as it is a 'known issue'! At least then all the new customers that Plusnet are mis-selling to can at least have something to follow instead of phoning customer services who just act dumb about the whole thing.

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2

andytay
Rising Star

Would be nice if the Admins would give updates on this thread!

andytay
Rising Star

If they made people aware of issues with the TV package potential  customers may not buy it, that's what worries PlusNet.

scottb132

Issue has now been officially acknowledged by Plusnet! https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Errors-viewing-some-TV-channels-88476/m-p/1339500

No info on when we'll have a fix though, or on any form of compensation

Paul_Corfield
Grafter

That was put up after I complained about it not being on the Service Status webpage this morning. I like the wording they used, "We're currently aware of a problem when trying to view certain channels on YouView TV from Plusnet. Attempting to view some channels may produce an error code similar to 'BTV-437' ". No mention that the 'certain channels' are the ones being paid for. Anyone getting an error 'similar' to BTV-437 or is it just BTV-437? Cheesy

Paul_Corfield
Grafter

Tried to view one of the subscription channels tonight and the BTV-437 error has now gone. Now it says the channel is not available with my current youview subscription even though I have signed up to that channel pack. Maybe this is progressing towards a fix or maybe I feel another round of phone calls coming on. Knuppel

andytcross
Hooked

Just plugged in my shiny new Plusnet box to find I have exactly the same issue.  Extremely frustrated having shifted across to Plusnet for the sole purpose of having BT Sport 2 and the Eurosport channels for the MotoGP and British Superbikes.

Really hoping this gets resolved quickly.  Angry phone call time tomorrow...

samd
Dabbler

Could be progress Paul cos I thought if you are not subscribing, the channel wouldn't show in the guide?

Paul_Corfield
Grafter

The channels are always there whether you subscribe or not.

Paul_Corfield
Grafter

Mine is working now. I went into maintenance mode and chose the factory reset (keep recordings) option. Once it did all the resets and reboots, all the extra channels in my subscription now work. Smiley

Paul_Corfield
Grafter

Just to add to my last post, all my channels are working on my Solwise 500AV powerline adapters too.

macmonkey
Dabbler

I'm a brand new customer too and have been having the dreaded BTV-437 issue since signup on 21/05/16.

Today, 03/06/16 all of the internet based 'extra' channels appear to be working, I didn't even have to reboot the YV+ box.

All good.

HarryB
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 255

Hi everyone, really sorry for the lack of Plusnet staff presence in this thread!

I've just skimmed through the posts in this thread but admittedly haven't read every single one.

In regards to the BTV-437 error we believe this may have now been resolved, but we're still keeping an eye on it, as per my post over here: https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Plusnet-service-status-page-not-reporting-faults/m-p/1339743#M2209

If you were previously experiencing the BTV-437 error, but still can't view the channels, please could you go through the steps I advised Paul in the linked thread.

HarryB wrote:
Are you able to run a software update on the box?

If that hasn't helped, it may be worth trying a soft reset (Which should keep your recordings)

And also what eventually fixed it for Paul:

Did the soft reset and that didn't work so I did the maintenance mode factory reset (keep recordings) and that has worked. Now the youview box has set itself up I can now access all my entertainment pack channels. Smiley

I hope that helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional